Schematics program or source needed

Post by Thomas Richard Dibb » Wed, 23 Sep 1992 00:05:44

I recently downloaded the PSpice for Windows package from wuarchive for my
roommate, who is an Electrical Engineering major.  I am a Chem Eng major and
imediately saw how useful such a program would be in calculating flows.  From
speaking to CM's in the field, I know such programs exist, but have not been
able to locate one which is in the public domain or shareware.

What I am requesting is (if anyone knows of one) how I can get a copy of
a Flows Schematic and Analysis package.  If I can not locate one in the p.d.
or as shareware, I plan to roll-my-own, so source from other schematics
programs (the analyis part I can do myself) would also be much appreciated.
Windows or DOS is okay.  I would prefer 'C' code.

        Thanks in advance,

--
/^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^\
|  The bleeding hearts and the artists  \ /  Words of Wisdom, Inc.            |

|  *'s wall. ---R. Waters, _Wall_  / \  (or don't send it at all)        |
\vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv/

1. In need of information about a graphical/schematic program

Hello All,

I am a summer research intern for Compaq and I am in need of a
graphical/schematic program or algorithm, preferably written in C (C++ or
java would be OK), which will work in conjunction with our version control
program.

Our program deals with the creation, modification and merging of files
within a version of a particular product.  It allows any user to take a
version, new or old, and generate another version by implementing his/her
own modifications.  There will be numerous versions that will be produced
before an actual product is finalized.  However, the need for an
illustrative format is a must and thus, I am in search of a program that
will enable the user to visually see the history of the version control
process.

The graphical program will illustrate a timeline connect-the-dot pathway for
each event similar to a flow chart.  Every node is a new version and each
node will contain relevant information about what files are within it, which
files are being modified, and whos modifying them.  In addition, each node
will have a tag that tells the user what version it is (i.e. version 2 or
3.1.1) and the date at which it was being modified, created, deleted or
added.   The program should also incorporate a users request for seeing a
specified section of the diagram.  For instance, if the user requests
certain information on version 2, the program should automatically display
version 2 and its surroundings within a window, instead of the entire
timeline.  So in a sense you have maneuverability to go from one end of the
entire diagram to the other, have zoom in and out capabilities, and other
user-friendly features as well.

I would appreciate any information (white paper, existing programs,
algorithms, etc) or direction (URL, a book, etc) relating to my search.
Thank you for your time.

Eric Garnace

2. is 7b update vital ???

3. Schools in U.S. teaching computer animation

4. "palette rotation" in truecolor bitmaps

5. Need program with source to compress files

6. Need source program for text

7. Need source for 3D modelling program

8. need suggestions for drawing program to opengl C source