transparent/textured 3D showcase objects --> postscript

transparent/textured 3D showcase objects --> postscript

Post by Art Freem » Sat, 08 Oct 1994 05:07:10

I would like to know how to save transparent and textured 3D objects
in postscript format.  I am running showcase on an Indy with Irix 5.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Art Freeman
224A Computer Building

transparent/textured 3D showcase objects --> postscript

Post by David Mo » Sat, 08 Oct 1994 06:23:34

Quote:>> I would like to know how to save transparent and textured 3D objects
>> in postscript format.  I am running showcase on an Indy with Irix 5.2.

Sorry, PostScript does not support transparency and does not
support texture mapping. Thus you cannot accurately print 3d showcase
objects which have transparency or texture mapping. Your best bet
in this case would be to make an image (e.g. using snapshot) which
PostScript can handle.

--

   <Inventor WWW info - http://www.sgi.com/tech/Inventor.html>

1. Showcase & PostScript->screen

Hi,

Sorry if this is a naive question, but why doesn't ShowCase have the option
to display on the screen things in PostScript format ? (e.g. fonts in documents
and Encapsulated PostScript)

Given that, for back-compatibility with NEWS things I assume, the sgi X server
has the Display PostScript extension (at least according to the man page),
would it not be a straightforward task for Showcase to `talk' PostScript
to the server for PostScript things, or at least to have that option.

What would be really nice would be to use *any size* fonts, and to be able to
do on screen slideshows where the fonts and PostScript things get displayed
properly.

Am I barking up the wrong tree here, or is this not something that would be
handy ?

        -G.

--
~ Gordon Cameron (Visualisation Group)         Phone: +44 31 650 5024(Rm. 2259)

~ The University of Edinburgh            c|c  'So far so good, so now so what'

2. point in union of polygons

3. SHowcase and importing 3D-Objects

4. Newbie question regarding orientation of the normal vector.

5. Help: User defined texture files with Showcase 3D Gizmo

6. Scanner trouble-help

7. BMP->GIF->JPEG->TIFF->PostScript Convertors

8. Help needed buying a scanner

9. 3d Cad>>3D Animations>>3D Models

10. postscript -> xfig objects converter wanted

11. help--trying to make an object's texture fade to transparent in pov-ray

12. showing textures in transparent objects

13. showcase 6.X postscript render?