Copy DVD to HD, play the DVD from HD

Post by Diego Barro » Wed, 06 Aug 2003 21:18:30

Is it possible to copy the contents of a DVD to the hard disk, and then
play it from the hard disk? What can I use to play the DVD? I only have a
DVD drive on a Windows machine, but want to play around with playing
movies, etc, on the Mac.

Cheers,
Diego

1. HD cache when playing .fli, helps ??

I just feel sorry for my HD. When it plays large .fli, HD light is almost
constantly blinking.. so I tried some caching programs (smartdrv, ncache2)
turns out that it didnt help any.. both cache programs report a small # of
hit/read ratio.
Anyway to minimize HD access & therefore speed up .fli ??

thanx

   >>  Handy Trisakti

2. How do pros make a planet atmosphere?

3. Apple DVD Player & SCSI DVD-ROM Drive

4. Using OpenGL on an MFC Common Control

5. DVD Moviefactory 2, capture PAL DVD??

6. ICARUS v2.01 available for download

7. Ulead MEDIASTUDIO PRO 7 Can Edit DVD-VR Video Recorded On DVD-RAM

8. Microsoft to support DVD-R/W in Longhorn, not just DVD+R/W

9. Ulead DVD Movie Factory II Video ToolBox Version Edits DVD-RAM

10. Sony Unveils DVD-R/DVD-RW Notebook Computer