Smooth movies?

Post by Michael Portues » Wed, 17 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> We're trying to create a movie using mediarecorder but the output
> is quite choppy.  For example, we've recorded the 'spinning jet'
> demo, and when played back, it's not smooth at all.

Are you recording a movie from the screen?  If so, the recording
is done by reading pixels back from the graphics framebuffer -
which is competing with the program you're trying to record.
This process isn't guaranteed for either throughput or for
fluidity.  It does, however, work well enough to produce animated
movies for demo or training purposes.

m.

--

Smooth movies?

Post by Al Maynar » Thu, 18 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> We're trying to create a movie using mediarecorder but the output
> is quite choppy.  For example, we've recorded the 'spinning jet'
> demo, and when played back, it's not smooth at all.

Also I wonder if , when recording from the screen, you can remove
identical frames? When using mediarecorder we sometime sample amny
frames too many and get huge files of jerky movements, i.e. many
identical frames followed by a different one.
  ,_ o   Al Maynard,
 /  //\, B56 Chemistry, University of Nottingham.
   \>> | 0115 9514192

         http://#NO-SPAM#searle.chem.nottingham.ac.uk/~al

1. Question about smoothing meshes (!not smoothing groups)

Does anyone know of any IPAS routines or techniques for smoothing meshes. I mean smoothing
the actual object, such as a fairly faceted face or something, so sharp corners are
rounded and such.

Oh, and I've been trying to figure out the plug-in Skin, but am not succeding too well.
So any comments, tips, whatever would be appreciated

-later

2. Klingon and 3d objects ftp

3. Smooth Shift isn't that smooth afterall ...

4. Iff, Tiff, Targa?

5. Movie Movie Driver(s)

6. Printing to an HP2100

7. converting QT Mac movies to Windows movies ?

8. New Astra 1200s and ColorSync for Mac

9. Ever used Movie Movie?

10. Movie Movie vs. VideoSpigot

11. flash movie witin a movie

12. converting home movies to digital movies DVD or VCD

13. HELP! My fonts are suddenly NOT smooth in PSP6 (but smooth everywhere else)