OT : Fractal Generators

Post by Anthony Argyrio » Fri, 10 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>I have some very good fractal generators but none seem to save above 72 dpi.
>Can you please direct me to some fractal generators that can save above 72
>dpi.

The dpi doesn't matter. Just look for a fractal generator which
produces images of the pixel size you want. If you want 300 dpi output
for printing, figure out your print size, multiply by 300, then set
your fractal generator to make a fractal of that size. (example:
1/2-inch margins on 8-1/2x11 paper is 7.5x10 inch, or 2150x3000
pixels.)

Anthony Argyriou
c.g.a.psp FAQ developer
http://www.alphageo.com/psp/faq.html
http://www.alphageo.com/psp/

OT : Fractal Generators

Post by cobb » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I have some very good fractal generators but none seem to save above 72 dpi.
Can you please direct me to some fractal generators that can save above 72
dpi.
John

OT : Fractal Generators

Post by cobb » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Anthony
Then an 16x20 image size at 300 dpi would be 4800 x 6000 pixels
John

> >I have some very good fractal generators but none seem to save above 72
dpi.
> >Can you please direct me to some fractal generators that can save above
72
> >dpi.

> The dpi doesn't matter. Just look for a fractal generator which
> produces images of the pixel size you want. If you want 300 dpi output
> for printing, figure out your print size, multiply by 300, then set
> your fractal generator to make a fractal of that size. (example:
> 1/2-inch margins on 8-1/2x11 paper is 7.5x10 inch, or 2150x3000
> pixels.)

> Anthony Argyriou
> c.g.a.psp FAQ developer
> http://www.alphageo.com/psp/faq.html
> http://www.alphageo.com/psp/

OT : Fractal Generators

Post by Anthony Argyrio » Sat, 11 Dec 1999 04:00:00

>Anthony
>Then an 16x20 image size at 300 dpi would be 4800 x 6000 pixels
>John

and will take a while to calculate, and longer to process in PSP.

There has been discussion here before about linescreen resolution
versus pixel resolution. I don't fully understand it, but I will note
that most magazines are printed at less than 100 dpi, and if they
don't*up the separations, they look pretty good.

Anthony Argyriou
c.g.a.psp FAQ developer
http://www.veryComputer.com/
http://www.veryComputer.com/

1. DynaMaSZ - 4D fractal generator -

Hello

DynaMaSZ is now officially released. It is based on a brand new approach and
opens the gate to a whole new world of Julia-sets which have not
previously been explored.

http://www.hypercomplex.org/dmz.htm

DynaMaSZ graphs 3D slices of formulas based on 4-D matrices. DynaMaSZ  can
apply user-defined iterative formulas to custom 4x4 matrices and render
either Julia sets or Mandelbrot sets. The complex math functions supported
include sin(z), sinh(z), z^z, e^z, z^n, sqrt(z), cos(z), cosh(z), tan(z),
tanh(z), log(z), ln(z), n^z and others. DynaMaSZ's strength is to allow
users to define custom matrix algebras in order to work at the discrete
level of iterative functions for added flexibility. A specific algorithm has
been developed to define a group of 4x4 matrices suitable for 3D fractals so
that users can define matrices easily. The random generator can select
random matrices, functions and parameters to instantly generate Julia-sets
whitout having to customize all parameters manually.

Cheers
Godwin Vickers

2. Any Success with Xvfb on IRIX 6.5.x

3. Wanted: fractal (or otherwise) vegetation generator

4. SiftImage NT on TDZ-Intergraph

5. Fractal generators for the MAC

6. OT: My new interface

7. fractal image generator for SGI wanted

8. Sports analysis SW

9. Where to get fractal landscape generators?

10. fractal image generator for SGI wanted

11. Fractal terrain generator?

12. Fractal map generator algorythm needed.

13. Fractal mountain generator