Warning About Seller of Clip Art

Post by Fred Randa » Mon, 10 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Are you thinking about buying a clip art CD from these folks?

      COMPUTERS, By George!/New Software Direct
      <http://www.cd-rom-online.com>

Think again!
     Harken to my tale of woe on doing business with COMPUTERS,
By George!/New Software Direct (hereinafter referred to as
"CBG!/NSD").
     In March 96 I ordered three clip art CDs via the CBG!/NSD
home page. Received two of the CDs on 25 March. They were not as
described in the merchandise catalog at the CBG!/NSD home page.
One item in particular (#WB3124, "Clip Art Extravaganza") was
described as a "2-CD set with book" that included "20,000 pieces
of...clip art." T'was neither: it was one CD with no book and
apparently never was intended to have a book with it.
     I sent two e-mails to CBG!/NSD about my dissatisfaction
with the CDs. CBG!/NSD didn't reply to either one.
     I returned the CDs to CBG!/NSD on 1 Apr 96 per their 10-day
return policy, with a cover letter asking for a refund credit to
my VISA card. I also sent them an e-mail regarding my return
action. I received a USPS return receipt card that indicated they
received the package on 4 Apr 96.
     Well, no credit for the return appears on my April VISA
statement. On 23 Apr 96 I call CBG!/NSD and talk with Chris
Davenport. He says he will ensure a credit is issued to me
immediately.
     Comes my May VISA statement and again, no credit for the
returned merchandise.
     Sooooo...
     if you're considering doing business with COMPUTERS, By
George!/New Software Direct, I strongly suggest you DO NOT!

P.S.  I am working with my VISA provider to obtain a chargeback.

--

1. Warning about a Seller of Clip Art

Are you thinking about buying a clip art CD from these folks?

      COMPUTERS, By George!/New Software Direct
      <http://www.cd-rom-online.com>

Think again!
     Harken to my tale of woe on doing business with COMPUTERS,
By George!/New Software Direct (hereinafter referred to as
"CBG!/NSD").
     In March 96 I ordered three clip art CDs via the CBG!/NSD
home page. Received two of the CDs on 25 March. They were not as
described in the merchandise catalog at the CBG!/NSD home page.
One item in particular (#WB3124, "Clip Art Extravaganza") was
described as a "2-CD set with book" that included "20,000 pieces
of...clip art." T'was neither: it was one CD with no book and
apparently never was intended to have a book with it.
     I sent two e-mails to CBG!/NSD about my dissatisfaction
with the CDs. CBG!/NSD didnUt reply to either one.
     I returned the CDs to CBG!/NSD on 1 Apr 96 per their 10-day
return policy, with a cover letter asking for a refund credit to
my VISA card. I also sent them an e-mail regarding my return
action. I received a USPS return receipt card that indicated they
received the package on 4 Apr 96.
     Well, no credit for the return appears on my April VISA
statement. On 23 Apr 96 I call CBG!/NSD and talk with Chris
Davenport. He says he will ensure a credit is issued to me
immediately.
     Comes my May VISA statement and again, no credit for the
returned merchandise.
     Sooooo...
     if you're considering doing business with COMPUTERS, By
George!/New Software Direct, I strongly suggest you DO NOT!

--
Frederick W. Randall
Wordsmith and Alleged Graphic Artist

2. Regular Grids on Spheres / Sphere Tilings / Equal distribution of points on a sphere

3. ART art ART art ART ART ART ART ART WEB SITE

4. What's the best way to configure voodoo 2 video card for 3dsmax in Win NT

5. Strata Studio Pro Books?

6. What spec should be optimized on my workstation?

7. web art and clip art page?

8. Clip art- Vintage Valentine Art Collection

9. web art and clip art webpage?

10. clip art of a lighthouse I would like to get a clip art picture of a lighthouse. I want one

11. WARNING--Jeff Goins is a THIEF--WARNING