MiniCad outputs?

Post by Conny Svensso » Mon, 18 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I have just received MiniCad 6.0, it's look nice. But there are a BIG
problem with it, the outputs. The drawings looks nice at the monitor
but when you print it out it looks awful, especially the circles which
aren't circles any longer when you print them. The segmented lines are
also very very misalligned.You can't use the program if you don't can
print your drawings. There seems to be a problem with the translation
between the drawing engine and the printengine. Is there anybody out
there who knows how to workaround this problem. If not I have to send
the program back, it is not useful if you don't can put your drawings
to a paper.

Please help me.

MiniCad outputs?

Post by Robin Deuts » Tue, 19 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>I have just received MiniCad 6.0, it's look nice. But there are a BIG
>problem with it, the outputs. The drawings looks nice at the monitor
>but when you print it out it looks awful, especially the circles which
>aren't circles any longer when you print them. The segmented lines are
>also very very misalligned...

Conny, you probably forgot to set the right printing resolution.
Don't know what you're printing with, but look for the
"High Resolution Printing" checkbox in File/ Page Setup.
With LW 8.2 it's at the bottom left corner...
Check that and choose the highest resolution your printer can
handle from the pop-up next to it and you should be done.

If your circles are converted to polygones and they still look
segmented, increase the conversion resolution in the prefs
before converting them.

Regards,
Robin

1. Form Z - Vellum - MiniCAD Form Z - Vellum - MiniCAD - ArchiCAD - etc. What's best vs AutoCAD?

Form Z - Vellum - MiniCAD - ArchiCAD - etc. What do you feel is best,
and why?

We're trying to see if we can do complex design machine drawing using a
Macintosh 3D modeler as well as or nearly as well as GeoMod on a Unix
system or AutoCAD on a PC. We have lots of Macs, some PC's and quite a
few Unix machines. We normally use GeoMod on Unix to do our mechanical
models and drawings of complex instruments for space flight - however
we're wondering whether we can reduce costs by switching to Mac programs
as the cost of a single software package is considerably less than than
the cost of just the maintenance of Unix software. We also have PC's and
AutoCAD, which we can use, but we have a lot more Macs so it's very
tempting to use them for this purpose. Any assistance will be
appreciated.

2. Sony makes Workstation using Playstation2 Technology

3. MiniCAD

4. Problem with Transparency

5. L.F. Aftermarket book, minicad 7

6. Looking for a free version of "fig" tool !!???

7. MiniCad+ version 4 Help Wanted

8. What exactly is an S-buffer?

9. MiniCad at a Good Price?

10. MiniCAD --> EPS