problem with SGI -> QT movies

Post by Mark Sandro » Wed, 24 May 1995 04:00:00

Someone here is trying to use the 'makemoov' program from the Quicktime
Movie Exchange Toolkit Version 1.0 to convert SGI RGB images into QT.
The problem is that the images are skewed on the Mac. They seem somehow
"stretched" horizontally, and also offset in the frame so that the image
is clipped at the right margin and "wraps around" to the left margin.

We have tried changing the various 'makemoov' options, without any luck,
so I'm hoping that someone here might have seen this problem and solved
it already.

Thanks for any help.

Mark Sandrock
--
Univ. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign   "I can find my biography in every
Chemical Sciences Computing Services     fable that I read."

problem with SGI -> QT movies

Post by Old Ti » Sun, 04 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Try Debabelizer from Equilibrium.  World's greatest batch conversion
manipulation tool for the Mac.  I work at an animation studio and use it
regularly for everything from converting animation files from alias pix,
EIAS images to quicktime, numbered picts, tifs, or whatever else you may
need, shifting channels, sepiatoning an RGB animation, etc.  A must have
for any animators working multiple platforms/formats.
DKim

1. Data->Charts->QT Movie Software

I am looking for a program (pd, shareware or cheap) that will let me take
numeric data, say, in tab-delimited format, then generate QuickTime movies
that show changes in the data over time. Simple stuff like histograms and
pie charts.

I have seen a few stats apps that do this, but they are way too expensive
for what I need. And I suppose I could script someting like ClarisWorks
(if it is scriptable) and save the graphs as numbered PICTs, then
recombine them tinot a moovie, but that would not be a fun way to spend an
afternoon.

Any ideas?

--
Robert Currie
Cobalt Communications

2. Shell2 -- the outrigger (2/4) c.g.v.FAQ2

3. QT movies work on NT but not SGI

4. Another font question

5. JPEG in QT & SGI movies

6. Mel for beginners

7. mpeg or QT movie --> animated gif

8. PSP plugins

9. QT->MPEG (How to produce and play back MPEG movies)

10. converting QT Mac movies to Windows movies ?

11. HELP: QT movie sound problem

12. Problems with REALLY BIG QT Movies

13. SGI Movie -> AVI