7.02 Problem ????

Post by Fugitiv » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 06:21:34

I just d/l .02 patch and now have a big problem with clone tool. It
leaves spots of pixals that are untouchable, even if you go back and
go over them. Is it alright to post samples on
alt.binaries.comp-graphics for examples for this group?

7.02 Problem ????

Post by Fugitiv » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:35:01

Forget it. It has something to do with the textures, weather their on
or off. weird..........

7.02 Problem ????

Post by Helge Mouldin » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:31:44

Fugitive asked,

Quote:> Is it alright to post samples on
> alt.binaries.comp-graphics for examples for this group?

Yes. Or you can use a website. Just don't post the binaries to this
particular group.

As for the problem that you are describing, can you be a little
more explicit? I've used the clone tool under 7.02 extensively, and
never had any problems with it. Is it possible that you have
selections or masks that are changing how the tool works?
--
 Helge Moulding

 http://hmoulding.cjb.net/                with a weird name

7.02 Problem ????

Post by Kris Zaklik » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:41:46

No, it's not really weird. Patterns allow you to paint
with mixed colors in a specific spatial arrangement.
Textures control transparency of brushes, again according
to the spatial distribution of light and dark areas in
the texture.

> Forget it. It has something to do with the textures, weather their on
> or off. weird..........

Kris Zaklika              Jasc Software, Inc.                   The

7.02 Problem ????

Post by Fugitiv » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:41:24

Ok; It's not weird, I'm weird, but it scared me. I posted this before
but can't find it. For 8; the arrows on the  style and texture and
text tools are too small. True, I am almost a senior, but it's
difficult to hit them square sometimes and the popup comes and you
have to have another go at it. I just love it when you talk tech Kris
Patterns allow you to paint
Quote:>with mixed colors in a specific spatial arrangement.

I'm not dumb, I have used PSP since 3 and Photoshop, but psp has been
changing at quite a rate. I didn't have a chance to learn all of 5
before 6 came out, and then 7........

>No, it's not really weird. Patterns allow you to paint
>with mixed colors in a specific spatial arrangement.
>Textures control transparency of brushes, again according
>to the spatial distribution of light and dark areas in
>the texture.

>> Forget it. It has something to do with the textures, weather their on
>> or off. weird..........
>Kris Zaklika              Jasc Software, Inc.                   The

7.02 Problem ????

Post by Kris Zaklik » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 22:22:33

I meant nothing more than to say that the behavior you
saw was not something random, but had a reason and what
that reason was. If you look back through the posts or
do a search of the newsgroup at http://groups.google.com
you will see my earlier explanation of how to cope with
the arrow difficulty. Hang in there :) Comments like
yours about the ease of use of the program are very
helpful to us.

> Ok; It's not weird, I'm weird, but it scared me. I posted this before
> but can't find it. For 8; the arrows on the  style and texture and
> text tools are too small. True, I am almost a senior, but it's
> difficult to hit them square sometimes and the popup comes and you
> have to have another go at it. I just love it when you talk tech Kris
> Patterns allow you to paint
> >with mixed colors in a specific spatial arrangement.
> I'm not dumb, I have used PSP since 3 and Photoshop, but psp has been
> changing at quite a rate. I didn't have a chance to learn all of 5
> before 6 came out, and then 7........

[snip]
Kris Zaklika              Jasc Software, Inc.                   The

1. Problem with PSP 7.02 Selection Tool

After I updated the drivers for my ATI Radion 8500 video card, the
"drag outline" for the selection tool was no longer visible.

I reduced the acceleration to the recommended level, and I can now see
the outline, but it now leave a bunch of bogus lines on the screen as
the selection box grows.

What else can I try, to fix this?

2. CGI on Iris ?

3. PSP 7.02 upgrade to 7.04 problem MSVCP60.dll?

4. Particle Clone

5. Problem with PSP 7.02

6. OpenGL Applications blowing up on exit - why?

7. 7.02 Crop to selection problem

8. GAME ARTIST WANTED

9. resizing with 7.02

10. Have 7.02 why/how 7.04?

11. ? upgrading to versions 7.02 and 7.04

12. ver 7.02 shapes question

13. Thumbnail help PSP 7.02