OT Looking for a Utility Program

Post by Michael Koerne » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

Prior to the Crash of 2000 (my system) I used to have a utility that while I
was in Explorer,  would allow me to open a DOS window at whatever level I
was at. For example if my file structure was:
c:
   \abc
         \def
                \fgh
and I was in fgh, by right clicking in the folder, i was given the option to
open a DOS window in that folder. Which saves a lot of typing if you want to
do something DOSsy at that level.

Would anyone out there have such a utility? TIA

Michael

Post by William P. Cla » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

> Prior to the Crash of 2000 (my system) I used to have a utility that while I
> was in Explorer,  would allow me to open a DOS window at whatever level I
> was at. For example if my file structure was:
> c:
>    \abc
>          \def
>                 \fgh
> and I was in fgh, by right clicking in the folder, i was given the option to
> open a DOS window in that folder. Which saves a lot of typing if you want to
> do something DOSsy at that level.

> Would anyone out there have such a utility? TIA

> Michael

    You may have had the Microsoft Power Toys for Windows 95 OSR2.  This was one
of the context menu changes it made.  If you are still running OSR2, you can get
Power Toys from
http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/WUToys/W95PwrTo....
Note, however, that Microsoft says they are not suitable for use under Windows
98 or under earlier versions of Windows 95.

--
Bill Clay

OT Looking for a Utility Program

Post by Michael Koerne » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

Found it Thanks. That particular program runs fine under Win98

Michael

> > Prior to the Crash of 2000 (my system) I used to have a utility that
while I
> > was in Explorer,  would allow me to open a DOS window at whatever level
> > was at. For example if my file structure was:
> > c:
> >    \abc
> >          \def
> >                 \fgh
> > and I was in fgh, by right clicking in the folder, i was given the
option to
> > open a DOS window in that folder. Which saves a lot of typing if you
want to
> > do something DOSsy at that level.

> > Would anyone out there have such a utility? TIA

> > Michael

>     You may have had the Microsoft Power Toys for Windows 95 OSR2.  This
was one
> of the context menu changes it made.  If you are still running OSR2, you
can get
> Power Toys from

http://www.microsoft.com/windows95/downloads/contents/WUToys/W95PwrTo...
efault.asp.

Quote:> Note, however, that Microsoft says they are not suitable for use under
Windows
> 98 or under earlier versions of Windows 95.

> --
> Bill Clay

OT Looking for a Utility Program

Post by Matt » Fri, 12 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Found it Thanks. That particular program runs fine under Win98

The Win98 CD has the powertoys on it, no need to download them.
It's somewhere amongst all those folders. :) ...i think! <g>

--
Matt
PSP Terrorist, D'Lanok deCaresk Chapter.

coming soon...to a sig line near you

OT Looking for a Utility Program

It is on the Original Win98, not on SE2. Guess which one I have <G>

Post by William P. Cla » Sat, 13 May 2000 04:00:00

> It is on the Original Win98, not on SE2. Guess which one I have <G>

>      > Found it Thanks. That particular program runs fine under Win98

>      The Win98 CD has the powertoys on it, no need to download them.
>      It's somewhere amongst all those folders. :) ...i think! <g>

>      --
>      Matt

    The Windows 95 Powertoys was a collection of a bunch of utilities, one of
which was TweakUI.  As far as I know, TweakUI was the only Powertoy on the
original Windows 98 CD.  It was not included on the Windows 98 SE CD.  Both CDs
contain some Resource Kit utilities, but I don't believe they include the
Command Prompt from Here context menu extension.

--
Bill Clay