going from a PC to MAC - my opinions.

Post by Eric Mil » Tue, 03 Jun 1997 04:00:00

: Many other things too seem akward, eg. I couldn't boot my powerbook from
: a system 7 folder I had put on the EZ135 drive.

Two potential problems here, I think:

* sounds like you copied rather than installed the system

* check the Zip manual. If I recall correctly, something
about it prevents it from being a start-up device.

going from a PC to MAC - my opinions.

Post by David Oran » Wed, 04 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> : Many other things too seem akward, eg. I couldn't boot my powerbook from
> : a system 7 folder I had put on the EZ135 drive.

Did you remember to go to the startup 'startup disk' control panel and
select the drive as a startup disk.

The neato thing about this, is that the disk *doesn't* have to be loaded.
If the PB doesn't find the EZ disk, it defaults to the internal drive, but
if disk is there, voila! instant startup. Try it!

Cheers,
David

--
->:)
David Orange

http://www.nscee.edu/~orange/

       *or*
http://131.216.88.25/

1. 3d graphics should I stay with Mac or go PC pro

I am a new graphic artist using a Mac LC475 and ready to get some speed
for around $4000. I also need to figure out how to make some money in
this business using a mac.  Every place I look the people are using
PC's or SGI machines. What is going on with the Apple people???

Help!!!
Thanks Greg at Slipped

2. Anyone know how to do this type of graphic??

3. Go Live: between PC and Mac?

4. Good graphics book for newbie

5. pc 2 mac 2 pc 2 mac

6. ANNOUNCE: Iv2POV - Inventor (VRML 1.0) to POV Translator

7. mac to pc and pc to mac

8. Windows program to view tiff files

9. go live opinions

10. MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC for multimedia

11. Convert To Profile comparison between ColorSync/Mac, MicorsoftICM/PC and AdobeACE/PC

12. MAC versus Windows PC versus OS/2 PC for multimedia