Alert Quick Time TAKING over GIF's and JPG's

1. Transparent GIF's/JPG's

I've just started to write HTML and now I'm about to make a homepage.
I don't know so much, but somewhere, somehow,  I read something about
a program that could convert gif's and jpg's so that the backround
colour became transparent. I would be very thankfull if anybody could
give me the URL to this program so I can download it, acording to what
I remember, the program was shareware/freeware.

/?rjan

2. Help, Help.Kais Power Tools problem

3. reading and displaying jpg's and gif's in vc++

4. Industrial Light + Magic Employment

5. VC++ methods for reading and displaying gif's and jpg's

6. Gif animation

7. c++ classes to read and display jpg's and gif's

8. Graphics card recommendation wanted

9. Use GIF's or JPG's?

10. Quick Time Picture TAKING OVER

11. surreal pictures 'taken' with Bryce 4