Looking for a 3D model of a galleon

Post by JonV » Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hello! I'm looking for an ancient spanish galleon model, in a 3D format (3ds,
max, lwo, it isn't matter). I don't need a highly detailed model of the keel,
but I would like to get a model well detailed in the rigging and sails: I'll use
the model in a scene where the galleon will be visible only as a silhouette,
backlighted by the setting sun light, so materials and surface finish is not
important. The good shape is all I need :-)

Thank you all in advance :-)

If you want to reply privately via email, please change "net" with "com" in my
email address visible in the tagline and in the headers. There is something
worse than the spammers, but I can recall it, at this time... :-(

<< Nihil computandum a nobis alienum putamus >>

Looking for a 3D model of a galleon

Post by Crossbo » Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Don't know if you are willing to pay for it, but REM has a great one. I have
seen one or two here and there but none would be good enough for us to use
but theirs. There maybe some out there though since we didn't try from to
get it from individuals I couldn't say.

Sincerely,
Chris Singletary

http://www.atomic-animation.com
http://home.earthlink.net/~crossbow1
Art Gallery, Mesh Repository, Texture Repository, Job Search, and a whole
lot more!

Looking for a 3D model of a galleon

Post by fernando bartr » Thu, 16 Apr 1998 04:00:00

find the galleon in lightrom 3 cd.

rednova

Post by JonV » Mon, 20 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>>find the galleon in lightrom 3 cd.

What is this "lightrom 3 cd"?!?!?

Maybe you are referring to Lightwave 3D? I have a galleon among the lwo models
coming with the program, but let me say that this is a very poor galleon...

I've just finished modelling my own galleon: do-it-yourself is better :-)

If you like, you can take a look at the final image following this URL:

http://www.mclink.it/personal/MC7872/immagini/seaview.jpg

Let me know what about, ok? :-)

<< Nihil computandum a nobis alienum putamus >>

Looking for a 3D model of a galleon

Post by sale » Fri, 24 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hi

check out 3D Asymetrix...it has one as a standard model

salem

Post by JonV » Sun, 26 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>>check out 3D Asymetrix...it has one as a standard model

Hey! Great trick! I have one legal copy of Asymetrix 3D, and
I forgot it! :-)))

Too many piece of software, here around... Hmmm... :-)))

<< Nihil computandum a nobis alienum putamus >>

1. Looking for a 3D model of a galleon

Hello! I'm looking for an ancient spanish galleon model, in a 3D format (3ds,
max, lwo, it isn't matter). I don't need a highly detailed model of the keel,
but I would like to get a model well detailed in the rigging and sails: I'll use
the model in a scene where the galleon will be visible only as a silhouette,
backlighted by the setting sun light, so materials and surface finish is not
important. The good shape is all I need :-)

Thank you all in advance :-)

If you want to reply privately via email, please change "net" with "com" in my
email address visible in the tagline and in the headers. There is something
worse than the spammers, but I can recall it, at this time... :-(

<< Nihil computandum a nobis alienum putamus >>

2. NewTekniques, above and beyond.....

3. Color map changes and .Xdefaults failing

4. German 3D book - have a look at modeling and texturing a knubbly dude in 3D

5. Caustics in Maya 4.0 Unlimited

6. Looking for good sources of 3D Models

7. Looking for 3D models of cars etc.

8. Looking for 3D model

9. Looking for 3D model of Melbourne

10. looking for a 3d model of a Citroen 2CV

11. Looking for 3d model of a Baroquelike Angel