Graphix formats Question

Post by Judy » Thu, 03 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Can someone refer me to a site or book that explains the various types
of Graphix formats (pros, cons and best uses) I'm familiar with a few
such as .wmf .bmp .tif .gif .jpg and .png but I have no idea which of
these has the best resolution etc.

Thanks for your help,
Judy

1. text rotation question for graphix wizs

Hello, graphics wizards. I am a writer writing a very off-the-wall short story
and need to know the simplest way to achieve a graphic effect.

What I need to end up with is a page of ordinary letters (text) which, instead
of being organized into words, are distributed individually and rotated to
degrees of my choosing. In other words, I need individual letters located
wherever I wnat them, and rotated in whatever direction I want to.
It would also be helpful if they could be scaled to different sizes.

The stuff I have, currently, available to do this, is Word Perfect 5.1, a
Publisher's Powerpak fots package, an HP Laserjet 2p printer, and a msdos
clone.

However, I can also get most any other softwear I might need, unfortunately,
I have no idea what that might be. Any help with requirements, or techniques,
by mail or followup post, would be greatly appreciated.

G.O. Benton
Santa Rosa, CA.

2. Renderman Renderer for Win95?

3. Graphics File Formats FAQ (Part 1 of 4): General Graphics Format Questions

4. Tiled tecxtures...

5. Help you PS wizards! :)

6. StretchBlt in Tip 100