Screen Saver Creation - How's is done?

Post by Tom Carso » Sat, 20 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know .....

How can a Director or Strata  Studio pro animation be made into a screen saver?

For -
an AfterDark Modual
or a standalone application.

T Carson

Post by Reevan McK » Sat, 20 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> Does anyone know .....
> How can a Director or Strata  Studio pro animation be made into a screen
> saver?
> For -
> an AfterDark Modual
> or a standalone application.

There is a file in the dev directory at info-mac (forget the name but it
has AD or AfterDark in the title) which allows you to create AD modules.
Basically what it lets you do is run an animation one frame at a time.
How you draw that animation is completely up to you.  In your case, you
might want to create a PICS version of your SSPro animation, then use
various techniques to plot it to the screen.  My personal suggestion would
be to copy the frames into GWorlds, then CopyBits one picture at a time.
It will take up a load of memory, but then PICS tend to do that.  If you
are good at QT programming, you could load the movie you created one step
at a time.  Unless you hve written a screamingly fast RT polygon engine,
you won't be able to use SSPro animations in any format other than QT or
PICS (i.e. render them into a movie of some sort).

If you really can't find the AD programming module, I have a copy of it
somewhere, but I'm rarely anywhere near my home computer so it could be a
few days before I respond.

Lots O' Luck.

Mikado
Second Year Architecture
Carleton University

"Jesus was an architect, previous to his career as a prophet."