Help: Countours to 3D

Post by Luis Vieira de Sa' » Tue, 16 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I have little experience with computer graphics and I would
be grateful if you could give a tip on how to solve the following
problem:

I want to obtain a 3D visualition of an object. What I have is
a set of horizontal cross-sections of the object. For example
suppose that the object is a tree whith two branches. My first
sections (bottom of the tree) are a kind of a circle and the last
ones (top) show two smaller circles. I could describe the sections
by countours, but I don't how to form the triangles (or other polygons)
needed by most 3D visualization programs that I know.

Thanks in advance.

1. Help: Countours to 3D

I have little experience with computer graphics and I would
be grateful if you could give a tip on how to solve the following
problem:

I want to obtain a 3D visualition of an object. What I have is
a set of horizontal cross-sections of the object. For example
suppose that the object is a tree whith two branches. My first
sections (bottom of the tree) are a kind of a circle and the last
ones (top) show two smaller circles. I could describe the sections
by countours, but I don't how to form the triangles (or other polygons)
needed by most 3D visualization programs that I know.

Thanks in advance.

2. PNG

3. 3D surface from 2D countours/3D Reconstruction

4. PNG images

5. Camera Rotation

6. Help: Countours to Volumes

7. Site Update

8. Countours -- what algorithm

9. 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D

10. 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D - 3D