Laserwriter 7 and Mac G3 8.5

Post by Imagege » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Need to run Laserwriter 7 on a new G3 which has 8.5 OS installed. When
output to postscript file from any apps including Simpletext - a system
error occurs i.e usually out of memory etc. Laserwriter 8 is ok - but the
postscipt won't go into Presswise.
Laserwriter version is B-7.5.2
Have unsuccessfully tried to install version 8.1 OS.

Please could you try output to postscipt file using Laserwriter 7 on a G3
in 8.1 OS - if that works then I'll reformat and install 8.1.
Any comments would be most welcome.

Cheers
Ant

Laserwriter 7 and Mac G3 8.5

Post by Rob Campbe » Tue, 08 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Need to run Laserwriter 7 on a new G3 which has 8.5 OS installed. When
> output to postscript file from any apps including Simpletext - a system
> error occurs i.e usually out of memory etc. Laserwriter 8 is ok - but the
> postscipt won't go into Presswise.
> Laserwriter version is B-7.5.2
> Have unsuccessfully tried to install version 8.1 OS.

> Please could you try output to postscipt file using Laserwriter 7 on a G3
> in 8.1 OS - if that works then I'll reformat and install 8.1.
> Any comments would be most welcome.

> Cheers
> Ant

If you're using PressWise 3.x, Imation suggests that you do use an 8 level
driver. To my recollection, I think they suggest Adobe's 8.3.1/8.3.4. If
you're running QuarkXPress with PressWise it probably makes more sense to
use something like LPX to generate the EPS files -- it's more more
reliable. If your running something else like PageMaker you should be ok
generating the PS to disk with an  Adobe level 8 driver.

--
rob at gfactory dot ca

Laserwriter 7 and Mac G3 8.5

Post by Imagege » Wed, 09 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Rob/

Thanks for your reply. However I'm using Presswise 2.5.

Cheers

Ant

1. Laserwriter II NTX on G3

Hi
After installation of my little Ethernet network with LC III, P6300 and
B&W G3, I must solve the following problem.
Every Mac has its own Ethernet card so Printer and modem ports are free.
A stylewriter 2500 is connected and made shared by the LC III.
How to connect and activate the old Laserwriter II NTX on the printer
port of P6300 without buying a converter (appletalk/ethernet)

--
Eurema
10, avenue bel horizon

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/parafoudres.eurema/

2. Activation on 2nd machine --- laptop

3. Mac OS 8.5 and Quark XPress 3.31

4. Two nice tips

5. KPT 3.0/Mac OS 8.5

6. 32-bit flc driver for 95 & NT

7. Mac OS 8.5

8. Layout Hell - Fonts, PM 6.52 and Mac Sys 8.5

9. PgMkr crashes on Mac OS 8.5

10. Mac 05 8.5 and PM6.5 problem

11. DVD Studio Pro works on G3 Macs!