Visualization software for multivariate data

Visualization software for multivariate data

Post by Henry Greensi » Fri, 11 Aug 1995 04:00:00

In a research effort to understand a large database of
electroencephalogram (EEG) data, my collaborators and I
are running up against a wall in finding easy ways to
visualize this multivariate data. For each of many
patients, we have spatiotemp*data consisting of
time series associated with 21 spatial electrodes,
i.e., a 21xN data matrix where N may be as large as
20,000. The database covers about 100 patients.

We would like to try things like examine the 19 time
series simultaneously for a given patient, compare time
series across patients, make animations of the
spatiotemp*data as spatial maps, and interrogate
the data in real time (e.g., dynamically change scales
or color maps). It would also be a big plus to be able
produce publication-quality output, e.g., Postscript
output.

If anyone has tried this kind of data analysis before,
have they found any useful visualization software?

        Thanks,

        Henry

1. Algo for 1D multivariate data visualization

Hi,

I am a new comer to visualization area.  Currently I am
trying to visualize some data of a ecosystem.  The data is
one dimentional with multiple variables in each data point.
I try to find a good algo to do this but almost run out
of time.  Are there any good reference? papers, good
application examples, web sites...whatever

Currently I am consider using VTK2.1 (Visualization Toolkit)
to implement all these stuff.

Thanks

--
Zhaohui Zhong
Department of Computing Science

2. Q: How is it possible to determine the window dimensions?

3. Freeware - SELAVI - Scientific Data Visualization Software - WIN3

4. smooth gif image presentation

5. ANNOUNCE: Data Visualization Software

6. how to change some keyframes of 1000 reference objects at once ?

7. Advanced Data Visualization Software

8. Stencil buffer & Voodoo3 3000

9. Contouring/data visualization software question

10. SOFTWARE: Panda visualization tool for numerical data

11. data visualization and analysis software?

12. Gantt Chart /data visualization software

13. Data Visualization Software