Texture per Vertex

Post by Curt Heshe » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

I'm looking for a 3D file format with the ability to store texture data
and the organization which will allow me to determine the value of the
texture at each vertex of the geometry.  Does such a thing exist?  Is
there somewhere that 3D file storage formats are detailed?
Curt

1. Specify texture coords per polygon and not per vertex of a model

Hi,
    I have a question about texture coord specification in opengl, using
vertex arrays and texture coord arrays. I am rendering models in opengl
that have their texture coordinates defined per polygon, so that when a
face shares vertices it doesnt have to share texture coords. So for
example polygon_A shares vertex_V1 with polygon_B,
however polygon_A has a texture coord of 1.0 for vertex_V1 and polygon_B
has a texture coord of 0.32 for vertex_V1.
    Right now I have a loop that draws the polygons one at a time using
vertex arrays and I am copying the correct texture coords in the
gl_TexturePointer for each polygon.
I am wondering if there is a way to do this so that I wont have to copy
these texture coords each polygon, someway to set up the gl_TextureArray
to do its values per polygon and not per vertex.

Thanx

Luke Allen
www.digitalosmosis.com

2. multiple cameras / PIP effect

3. convert color per vertex to texture map

4. How can i efficiently do collision detection in this case?

5. Per vertex or per pixel lighting?

6. MDI Graphics

7. triangles with per face normals SLOWER than per vertex normals

8. "CG 101: A Computer Graphics Industry Reference Guide"

9. Approximating good texture vertices from 3d vertices

10. RiPointsPolygons and per vertex normals

11. how many flops per vertex

12. 2-sided per-vertex color

13. 3Dmax model w/color per vertex to VRML