3D visualization of pre-defined objects?

3D visualization of pre-defined objects?

Post by Jason Sadl » Wed, 16 Aug 1995 04:00:00

Sorry for the vagueness of this post...

I'm looking for some form of visualization package or graphics library
which can take input in the form of an x,y (,z) point location and an
object identifier which selects an object to be placed at that location,
such as a certain type of house or building from a pre-defined set of
objects.

Can anyone tell me what is out there?  Someone suggested that packages
such as AVI might be able to do this sort of thing - anyone done it?

Please respond by e-mail, any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jason Sadler
GeoData Institute
University of Southampton