Monitor Problem (Formac 17/500 & PB1400)

Monitor Problem (Formac 17/500 & PB1400)

Post by Daniel Baa » Sun, 17 May 1998 04:00:00

I've just bought a Formac ProNitron 17/500 monitor to go with my Powerbook
1400cs/166 (with the ViewPower video card by NewerTechnology) and I
immediately encountered a problem. I'm wondering if something can be done
or perhaps that the monitor is just faulty. The picture on the Formac
doesn't look very good at all. Everything displayed has a sort of 'shadow'
to it (vertically) and there are two thin grey lines about one fifth from
the top and bottom of the monitor (horizontally). Switching resolutions
doesn't make these problems go away.

What's wrong with the monitor? Any help/advice/tips would be greatly
appreciated...

Kind regards,

Daniel Baars

Post by Kevin McMurtr » Sun, 17 May 1998 04:00:00

>I've just bought a Formac ProNitron 17/500 monitor to go with my Powerbook
>1400cs/166 (with the ViewPower video card by NewerTechnology) and I
>immediately encountered a problem. I'm wondering if something can be done
>or perhaps that the monitor is just faulty. The picture on the Formac
>doesn't look very good at all. Everything displayed has a sort of 'shadow'
>to it (vertically) and there are two thin grey lines about one fifth from
>the top and bottom of the monitor (horizontally). Switching resolutions
>doesn't make these problems go away.

>What's wrong with the monitor? Any help/advice/tips would be greatly
>appreciated...

>Kind regards,

>Daniel Baars

The shadow is probably from a broken cable, bad adapter, or a cable that doesn't match the terminators.

The thin horizontal lines are wire supports needed in mask of Trinitron tubes.

1. HITACHI & ADI 17 inch monitors

Hi.
It's me again.
Can somebody tell me his opinion about the following two 17 inch monitors:
ADI Microscan 5V+
HITACHI 17MVX-V2

I've found them both in a very good price and I'm considering bying one of
them.
Any help would be welcome...
Bye,
Takis.