Flight simulator

Post by westman stef » Wed, 17 Apr 1991 05:40:31

I nead an easy to understand book about writing a flight simulator.
If I am correct I think there is one about Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Stefan Westman
US Naval Postgraduate School

1. Correct rendering in a Flight Simulator, and correct ship rotation

Howdy Y'all!

I am working on a 3D Space Flight Simulator Game eh, and I am curious as
to the best way to correctly render the ships.  I was planning on using a
ZBuffer for the whole thing, but I am not sure if that is the best way to
do things, and I was wondering what y'all thought that I might do
instead.

Also, I have no idea how to make the space ships move around in space.  I
was just planning on rotating around Y to turn, Rotate around Z to roll,
and X to change the up/down angle.  and then just increasing the Z
Posision to move the ship forward.

The problem is.. if I turn the spaceship (rotate around Y)  and then want
to do a barrel-roll, the ship doesn't do a roll, it does like a flip,
around the Worlds Z Axis right.

I was wondering if any of y'all had any ideas/tricks on how to move ships
around in 3D Space.  Also, I havn't been able to find a copy of Flights
of Fantasy ANYWHERE, if any of you has a clue to its location, please let
me know.

Thanking you in advance.

Rob.

-----------------
End Communication

2. Cropping tool disappearance

3. Wanted: SGI visualdata base for flight simulators

4. One form who not draw correctly

5. Flight Simulator

6. Cut hole in alpha

7. Flight Simulator Graphics Format?

8. Torchlight

9. Newer Flight simulator ?

10. Source for Flight Simulator?

11. Game developer needs networking code for either BZ or SGI flight simulator

12. Graphics for microsoft flight simulator

13. XGA Video Driver for Flight Simulator 5 ????