RESULT: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro passes 280:36

RESULT: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro passes 280:36

Post by Lia C » Thu, 28 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Looks like someone was kind enough to cancel this article for me.  :-)
>I've complained to the ISP whose user was responsible.

i am seeing both messages from you with my news reader. i
am glad to see the paint shop group, but i do not see it in
my newsreader. where is it now?

Lia Cho

Post by Jon Be » Thu, 28 Aug 1997 04:00:00

>>Looks like someone was kind enough to cancel this article for me.  :-)
>>I've complained to the ISP whose user was responsible.

>i am seeing both messages from you with my news reader. i
>am glad to see the paint shop group, but i do not see it in
>my newsreader. where is it now?

The RESULT posting should have in it a statement that there is a five-day
waiting period during which people may raise claims of irregularities in
the vote.  If there are no problems, the newgroup control message that
creates the group should go out in the next batch sent by the moderator
of news.announce.newgroups.  I wouldn't expect it before Monday,
September 1.

--

Dept. of Physics and Computer Science        Clinton, South Carolina USA
[for beginner's Usenet info, see http://web.presby.edu/~jtbell/usenet/ ]

Post by Scott Smi » Thu, 28 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Looks like someone was kind enough to cancel this article for me.  :-)
>I've complained to the ISP whose user was responsible.

>I'm not sure whether or not the news.announce.newgroups moderator will
>resurrect the original, but in the meantime the RESULT is available at

>     http://www.wco.com/~mcq/psp-result.txt

Both articles are appearing on my newsfeed. Was the article
canceled in news.groups? There has been a problem with
cancel bots running there lately and quite a few posts
(including some of my own RFD postings) have been
wiped out on a regular basis.

-
Scott Smith - Consultant / Network Designer
Novell / Microsoft Certified Professional
WWWeb World Consulting and Design
http://www.webworld.com

1. PROPOSAL: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated & comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.loser

I propose that we start 2 sub-groups of c.g.a.p-s-p,
comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated &
comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.  I'm a computer geek, but not a
Usenet geek, so I'm not familiar with the procedure for setting up
ng's.  (If someone could help with this, it would be great.)

EXPLANATION:

comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.moderated
   - On-topic (mostly) discussions, carried on in a respectful and
professional manner.  All posts from certain "puni" "artists" would be
automatically posted to c.g.a.p-s-p.l, along with any and all trolls.
This would allow new PSPers the opportunity to learn in a friendly and
approachable environment.

comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro.loser
   -  Off-topic discussions, including Adobe v. PSP debates (valid
ones would qualify for c.g.a.p-s-p.m), etc. Occassional intelligent
posts would be posted to c.g.a.p-s-p.m.  (Although these would
sufficiently rare that they would not be a concern, mostly.

any thoughts?

MP

P.S. This is being written in a frustrated, ticked-off state of mind,
so apologies for any undue sarcasm.

MP

2. New website gallery. artists needed to fill it! :)

3. 2nd CFV: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro

4. Help! want KPT Bryce for PC ..

5. CFV: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro

6. Overview of RT-acceleration methodes(in german!)

7. 2nd RFD: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro

8. Jasc group, still no go

9. comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro FAQ pointer

10. Spammers harvesting comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro

11. comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro FAQ pointer