Anyone tried MacRenderMan + MacOS 8.5?

Post by DSWa » Sat, 07 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I'm thinking about upgrading to MacOS 8.5, but with reports of
incompatibilities with other applications, I wondering if anyone has tested it
with MacRenderMan?

tia,

Anyone tried MacRenderMan + MacOS 8.5?

Post by Ming M » Sun, 08 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi DS,

I am using it on a G3 with MacOS 8.5 and so far it all seems happy.

Have fun.
Ming

> I'm thinking about upgrading to MacOS 8.5, but with reports of
> incompatibilities with other applications, I wondering if anyone has tested it
> with MacRenderMan?

> tia,

Anyone tried MacRenderMan + MacOS 8.5?

Post by Ming M » Sun, 08 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi DS,

One update (I never realised what was causing this until now): with
MacRenderman, enabled the fancy folder hints (I forget what they are
called right now ... but some special folders have additional icons
overlaid, and aliases have a little arrow similiar to Windows shortcuts
overlaid) disappear (as do the folder icons, but the folders are still
there).  I have not figured out how to fix this, but the icons were
just cute things anyways ... I do not really miss them (although I would
like my generic folder icons back :(

Have fun
Ming