Stupid MAC HEAD exposed! (HELP! WHAT SHOULD I BUY?)

Stupid MAC HEAD exposed! (HELP! WHAT SHOULD I BUY?)

Post by anonymou » Wed, 05 Feb 1997 04:00:00

YOU don't have a computer?  You are not computer illiterated?  Where the
hell you get onto internet and these newsgroups!!!  I saw all your posts
are in MAC groups, so obvious are you just a stupid MAC HEAD.  GET A
LIFE MAN!  I am amused by you pathetic helpless Mac heads.  Switch to
low cost PC now, that is the only way to keep your investments in
computer.
__________________________

> Howdy.

> I1m trying to determine which Mac machine will best serve my needs and
> have gotten all sorts of contradictory ideas from the dealers around here,
> so...

> The applications I am most interested in running (that don1t work so well
> or at all on my LC-II):
> Pagemaker            Photoshop   Freehand
> Netscape Gold        Quark       Pagemill

> Ny primary uses for this machine will be desktop publishing and graphic
> design, including web page design (for my work) and surfing the net.

> The two dealers I talked to recommended:
> Performa 6400 and the PowerMac 7500/100
> (I1m perfectly willing to buy a machine other than these two, but these
> were the two that were suggested.)

> At CompUSA, the worker swore to me that the PowerMac 7500/100 was much
> better (worth the extra $500) than the Performa 6400 even though on paper
> it looked worse. A bystander then walked by and said that that was
> completely wrong, that the 6400 would be better.

> I would be grateful for any suggestions.

> Thanks,
> Ron

Stupid MAC HEAD exposed! (HELP! WHAT SHOULD I BUY?)

Post by Powerful Pier » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hey chickenshit, nice anonymous post...typical brave PC * head...learn
english...if you can't speak it...you know the rest...or maybe you don't...

Post by Jerry Kinda » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>YOU don't have a computer?  You are not computer illiterated?

Someone with a grasp of neither language nor logic calling someone a
"stupid Mac head" while hiding behind a falsified user ID has a lot of
nerve.

--

Manual Labor  <http://www.manual.com/>
Technical Writing; Internet & WWW Consulting

Author of the Web Motion Encyclopedia
The comprehensive animation and video reference for Web designers
Coming Summer '97 from Waite Group Press

Post by Stuart Schmit » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> YOU don't have a computer?  You are not computer illiterated?  Where the
> hell you get onto internet and these newsgroups!!!  I saw all your posts
> are in MAC groups, so obvious are you just a stupid MAC HEAD.  GET A
> LIFE MAN!  I am amused by you pathetic helpless Mac heads.  Switch to
> low cost PC now, that is the only way to keep your investments in
> computer.

OK, enough of this *about Mac versus PC!!!!!!!!!!  Listen, I use
both and guess what, I LIKE BOTH EQUALLY WELL!  They both have their
advantages and disadvantages, and hey, even if one really were better
than the other, WHO THE DEVIL CARES?  I've been lurking in this
newsgroup (comp.sys.mac.misc) for some time now, and I have come to
appreciate the value of both systems.  This poor fellow is not the one
who should get a life, it is you.  Why are you so worked up about it?
It is petty to quibble over the differences between the two systems.
The only reason I bothered to dignify your post with a reply is that
people like you have DRIVEN ME TO INSANITY!  I wish you the best of luck
in overcoming your shortsightedness.  Godspeed.

Stuart

PS.  Sorry for reply-spamming these newsgroups!

Post by Dave » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Hey chickenshit, nice anonymous post...typical brave PC * head...learn
> english...if you can't speak it...you know the rest...or maybe you don't...

> > YOU don't have a computer?  You are not computer illiterated?  Where the
> > hell you get onto internet and these newsgroups!!!  I saw all your posts
> > are in MAC groups, so obvious are you just a stupid MAC HEAD.  GET A
> > LIFE MAN!  I am amused by you pathetic helpless Mac heads.  Switch to
> > low cost PC now, that is the only way to keep your investments in
> > computer.

There have been numerous mac bashing posts lately from someone at the
pseudo "not.available.net" domain. All of them have been completely
unprovoked attacks on people asking simple questions. This is evidently
some stressed out PC user with too much time on his or her hands. My
question is... what is your problem whoever you are? What so you gain by
going into mac newsgroups and insulting people at random for no reason
whatsoever?

--
________________
David Lewis

www.tuns.ca/~lewisda

Stupid MAC HEAD exposed! (HELP! WHAT SHOULD I BUY?)

Post by Do » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

All I can say is to stay away from any flavor of 603 chip.
Stick to a 601 or 604.

Stupid MAC HEAD exposed! (HELP! WHAT SHOULD I BUY?)

Post by Dr. Benw » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Newsgroups:
alt.sys.mac.newuser-help,biz.marketplace.computers.mac,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.comm,comp.sys.mac.graphics,comp.sys.mac.hardware.misc,comp.sys.mac.misc
Subject: Re: Stupid MAC HEAD exposed! (HELP! WHAT SHOULD I BUY?)
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 1997 22:41:20 -0500

                           ^^^^^^^^^^^

> YOU don't have a computer?  You are not computer illiterated?  Where the
> hell you get onto internet and these newsgroups!!!  I saw all your posts
> are in MAC groups, so obvious are you just a stupid MAC HEAD.  GET A
> LIFE MAN!  I am amused by you pathetic helpless Mac heads.  Switch to
> low cost PC now, that is the only way to keep your investments in
> computer.

Inter Pacific Online (IPONLINE-DOM)
   330 Hwy 7 East Unit 202
   Richmond Hill, Ontario L4B 3P8
   Canada

   Domain Name: IPONLINE.COM

   Administrative Contact, Technical Contact, Zone Contact:

      905 707-8300
   Billing Contact:

      905 707-8300

   Record last updated on 21-Nov-95.
   Record created on 21-Nov-95.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   IPO.IPOLINE.COM              206.47.42.1
   NS1.BELLGLOBAL.COM           198.235.216.1

--
Dr. Benway .................. Interzone
=======================================

* http://www.cu-online.com/~browning/ *
=======================================

Stupid MAC HEAD exposed! (HELP! WHAT SHOULD I BUY?)

Post by dke » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> All I can say is to stay away from any flavor of 603 chip.
> Stick to a 601 or 604.

Why? Thats like saying avoid the pentiums and only go with PPro's. For most
users it wont matter....

In fact I have a 150mhz 604... my next machine will probably be a 300mhz
603e.

---

MacKiDo Warrior - The Power of the Macintosh Way!
http://www.adnc.com/web/dke/

Post by Jeremy Michael Bro » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>> All I can say is to stay away from any flavor of 603 chip.
>> Stick to a 601 or 604.

>Why? Thats like saying avoid the pentiums and only go with PPro's. For most
>users it wont matter....

>In fact I have a 150mhz 604... my next machine will probably be a 300mhz
>603e.

Perhaps people still confuse the original 603's with the 603e's... the e's
are actually a bit faster than a 601 at the same clock speed.  Of course,
if _I_ had the money, I'd buy a 604e...

cheers,
Jeremy

Do not send commercial email to this address, if I receive commercial email here, I will not purchase anything advertised. However, If you do want to pay me, then that will be all right, please negotiate before sending.

Stupid MAC HEAD exposed! (HELP! WHAT SHOULD I BUY?)

Post by Patrick Beson » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

This is the same kind of person that goes into the Ford newsgroup and
says that Chevy's are better. Their only aim is to stir up the natives.
As long as people reply to this sort of drivel, the PC-dork will
probably keep it up.

If you want a cheap computer, buy a PC. If you want to use your
computer, get a Mac.

----------------------------------

Patrick Besong, Graphic Designer
University Photo/Graphics
15 Mitchell Bldg.
The Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802
Phone: 814-863-0755

Stupid MAC HEAD exposed! (HELP! WHAT SHOULD I BUY?)

Post by Patrick Beson » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> YOU don't have a computer?  You are not computer illiterated?  Where the
> hell you get onto internet and these newsgroups!!!  I saw all your posts
> are in MAC groups, so obvious are you just a stupid MAC HEAD.  GET A
> LIFE MAN!  I am amused by you pathetic helpless Mac heads.  Switch to
> low cost PC now, that is the only way to keep your investments in
> computer.

This is the same kind of person that goes into the Ford newsgroup and
says that Chevy's are better. Their only aim is to stir up the natives.
As long as people reply to this sort of drivel, the PC-dork will
probably keep it up.

My only comment is that if you want a cheap computer, buy a PC. If you
want to use your computer, get a Mac.

---------------------------------------

Post by Guy Rossigno » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> > All I can say is to stay away from any flavor of 603 chip.
> > Stick to a 601 or 604.

> Why? Thats like saying avoid the pentiums and only go with PPro's. For most
> users it wont matter....

> In fact I have a 150mhz 604... my next machine will probably be a 300mhz
> 603e.

> ---

> MacKiDo Warrior - The Power of the Macintosh Way!
> http://www.adnc.com/web/dke/

I totally agree.  Bad experiences with that 603 chip cannot be expressed
hard enough.  First was the 5300s(2) then the performas(3).  All these
machines have been sold and/or returned.

Post by George Grave » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> YOU don't have a computer?  You are not computer illiterated?  Where the
> hell you get onto internet and these newsgroups!!!  I saw all your posts
> are in MAC groups, so obvious are you just a stupid MAC HEAD.  GET A
> LIFE MAN!  I am amused by you pathetic helpless Mac heads.  Switch to
> low cost PC now, that is the only way to keep your investments in
> computer.
> __________________________

Would you like to tell me how buying a PC will help anybody "keep
(their) investments in computer"? Unless a PC can run the tens of
thousands of dollars worth of Mac software and hardware that many
of us own (I realize that you PC users never buy software what with
WAREZ and all, but we Mac types BUY our software), changing to
Wintel junk isn't going to save our investment in anything. So
buzz off!

George Graves

Stupid MAC HEAD exposed! (HELP! WHAT SHOULD I BUY?)

Post by charle » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

OOH, Mr Anonymous, what a stinging indictment.
--
Turn on an Apple and close the Gates

Post by bria » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> There have been numerous mac bashing posts lately from someone at the
> pseudo "not.available.net" domain. All of them have been completely
> unprovoked attacks on people asking simple questions. This is evidently
> some stressed out PC user with too much time on his or her hands. My
> question is... what is your problem whoever you are? What so you gain by
> going into mac newsgroups and insulting people at random for no reason
> whatsoever?

David, take it easy, since the first Mac, there have been PC users who
were unable to admit that they are using inferior technology.
I read somwhere :
"cocroaches are far more numerous than people. Sheer numbers do no
necessarilly suggest a higher life form"

:-)

Regards
Brian

1. buying a Mac- help needed

Now when the new towers are finely out there I am going to buy one. I have a
couple of questions regarding what configuration to choose for my main
needs.
I apparently am going to go with G4 800 simply because everything else is
somewhat beyond my budget at the moment. I am an amateur photographer and
mostly use the computer for scanning negatives on Nikon LS 4000 slide
scanner, editing scans in Photoshop and then printing them on an Epson photo
printer. In the near future I am planning to get a DV camcorder and edit
video too.
The G4 800 goes with ATI Radeon 7500 and has an option of putting GeForce 4
instead for extra $100. I was wondering how these cards differ and which one
of them would be good for 2D photo editing and also some video editing.
I was also wondering if you guys know the speeds of 40Gb and 60Gb
harddrives; I heard that the former is 5400 and the latter is 7200- is it
true?
Thank you in advance,
Gregory

2. VESA VGA info anyone ?

3. Help -- Looking to Buy Simple Mac CAD Program

4. Shadows on CSG in BMRT

5. ** Help needed buying mac **

6. June's cool graphics challenge

7. Still Video disk format

8. help needed buying a mac

9. Help Buying Mac

10. Lightwave 6 mac acting stupid

11. Am I stupid or is Adobe stupid?

12. Wanted: experienced Mac head for video facility