Saving Files

Post by Susanne Hackbart » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello: I have PSP 6.02. There use to be, I thought, in the Preferences a
list that contained where files are to be saved. Everytime I want to open a
file, it reverts to My Documents. I would like to designate PSP in my
directory and 'images'. I have read just about everything pertaining to this
in the help file and can't locate this preference.

I hope this is clearer than mud, and I thank you for any help you can offer.
I have been a PSP user almost since day one.

Thank you, Susanne

Saving Files

Post by Porte » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello: I have PSP 6.02. There use to be, I thought, in the Preferences a
> list that contained where files are to be saved. Everytime I want to open
> file, it reverts to My Documents. I would like to designate PSP in my
> directory and 'images'. I have read just about everything pertaining to
this
> in the help file and can't locate this preference.

> I hope this is clearer than mud, and I thank you for any help you can
offer.
> I have been a PSP user almost since day one.

> Thank you, Susanne

Right-click the shortcut icon you use to launch PSP and choose Properties.
You'll find a field in that dialog box where you can change the path to your
designated "Start in" folder.

Porter

Saving Files

Post by Susanne Hackbart » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Right-click the shortcut icon you use to launch PSP and choose Properties.
> You'll find a field in that dialog box where you can change the path to
your
> designated "Start in" folder.

 Porter

Thank you very much for the quick reply. It took quite awhile to set this.
Using your instructions, which were quite simple, didn't help. After 2 hours
and I finally went through My Computer and setting it up through there.

Right now I have a computer problem, NOT caused by the above, that I wish I
could resolve. Also not PSP related,

Thank you for your assistance, Susanne

Saving Files

Post by Porte » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 09:07:40

> > Right-click the shortcut icon you use to launch PSP and choose
Properties.
> > You'll find a field in that dialog box where you can change the path to
> your
> > designated "Start in" folder.

>  Porter

> Thank you very much for the quick reply. It took quite awhile to set this.
> Using your instructions, which were quite simple, didn't help. After 2
hours
> and I finally went through My Computer and setting it up through there.

> Right now I have a computer problem, NOT caused by the above, that I wish
> could resolve. Also not PSP related,

> Thank you for your assistance, Susanne

Sometimes we get bad shortcut icons that won't cooperate.  Deleting that
original shortcut icon and making a new one generally solves those problems.

Open Window's Explorer & browse to PSP7's folder & rightclick on PSP exe.
file and create a brand new shortcut icon that you can drag over onto your
desktop.  Now change the "start in" folder on this new guy.  (Several people
reported problems with some of the installation generated beta icons not
being fully functional.)

Sorry to hear about your other computer problems.

Regards,
Porter

1. File permission errors when saving file in PS 5.5

I've got a customer using Photoshop 5.5. When he opens a document on one
server and modifies it and saves it on another server, the document retains
it's original NTFS file permissions, instead of inheriting it from the
parent folder on the server where he saves it.
The standard behavior for a file in this circumstance is to inherit
permissions from the parent folder, and I've tried copying it with explorer,
and it works as expected. I also tried opening the file with MGI Photosuite
and saving it to the second server. Worked as it should.
It is only Photoshop that fucks up.
The server where the files is loaded from is Windows 2000 server and the
server where the modified picture is saved on is a NT 4 server. My customer
is using Windows 2000 pro.

Any ideas ?

/Patrik

2. Rotating spheres

3. quark losess ability to save files

4. Making triangulation out of a points

5. Corel draw 9 won't let me edit my saved file after Reboot

6. OpenGL for sun ?

7. Graphics (pcx, gif) save file format...

8. Same old yearly question.....

9. Saving files with Eyescan, an IBM scanner.

10. Standart save file

11. 5 Re: Saving files as Jpeg (Psp 5.03)

12. Error saving file?

13. Saving Files in PSP6 with Twain App Open - Here's how