Light blockers moving when the camera moves

Light blockers moving when the camera moves

Post by Graeme Nattre » Sat, 30 Mar 2002 08:31:35

I've used TLblocker1spotlight.sl from the renderman.org site as the
basis for a shader I'm working on. It's a light that only casts
shadows. It uses a shadow map, and it works great, so I wanted to add
a texture map using the above shader as reference as to how to do it.

The problem is, that when the camera moves, so does the patter the
blocker creates. it rotates around it's axis.

I'm using 3delight on OS-X.

Graeme

1. Moving camera with moving objects in Inventor

I am trying to incorporate a moving camera that follows an object on the
scene graph. I've tried adding translations to the camera, much like
I've done the moving object, but that doesn't seem to work. Is there
an efficient manner by which the camera can be set up to follow a moving
object?

Thanks kindly in advance!

Krishna M. Sadasivam

2. THE VIRTUAL ART SCHOOL

3. Braided wire help.

4. Weird OpenGL problem (Lights move with camera and shouldn't)

5. 256 colours Mac vs. 256 colours PC ??

6. Lights moving with camera

7. numeric font file names

8. The mouse move make graphic data move

9. Convenient matrix notation for moving a raytracer camera?

10. PoV-Ray 3.1: Acceleration/deceleration of a moving camera/object's speed

11. POV: Moving the camera

12. Moving camera help