render tiff to stdout?

Post by Daniel Kram » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 12:18:44

Hey Guys,
        I'd like to render a tiff img to stdout using prman so I can pipe
that into a custom viewer that accepts stdin.   Is this possible?

thnx
-daniel

render tiff to stdout?

Post by Dan Ma » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 19:55:03

Quote:>    I'd like to render a tiff img to stdout using prman so I can pipe
> that into a custom viewer that accepts stdin.   Is this possible?

I don't know if the standard executable can do this, but you can
certainly do it by writing your own display driver. (it's pretty easy,
there are examples in the prman distribution)

Keep in mind libtiff might have a problem with non-seekable file
descriptors. I know it likes to seek around a lot. If this is an issue
you could just invent your own little protocol to dump the pixels.

Regards,
Dan

render tiff to stdout?

Post by Will » Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:57:55

Quote:>Hey Guys,
>    I'd like to render a tiff img to stdout using prman so I can pipe
>that into a custom viewer that accepts stdin.   Is this possible?

>thnx
>-daniel

if nothing else, do it in two steps...

prman foo; cat fredfish.tif | myhappapp

where foo is the full set of instructions that prman will use to render
fredfish.tif, and myhappyapp is the post processing program.
------------------
Woooogy
I have to go back in time to pretend to be myself when I tell myself to tell
myself, because I don't remember having been told by myself to tell myself.  I
love temp*mechanics.

1. tar and stdout

Hi

I write script the backup disk by tar and i want that the stdout will
print to screen
and to log file i wrote this line but doesn't work

i see all on the screen but the log file is empty
how i can print it to log file too

Thanks
 Eli Sheena

2. Looking for a GIF picture looper for VAX/VMS

3. Windows Gnuplot3.7 - stdout not the same as file

4. Urgent Message

5. Msg:Could not linebuffer stdout

6. Diagrams of Standard Filters

7. suppressing stdout/stderr

8. stdout in TGS Inventor

9. TIFF to TIFF converter (between various TIFF-formats)

10. Conversion / rendering to TIFF format.

11. text+tiff->tiff under linux?

12. Tiff ti Muti-page Tiff