Povray 2 --> Povray 3

Post by Mark Elliot » Tue, 24 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Hi everyone.

I'm new to this group although i've fiddled about with POVray for
a while.

Anyway onto my problem, having just downloaded PovRay 3 for Windows I
thought I would look at one of my creations, but alas it won't compile due to
various errors about color, pigments, ripples and other texture related stuff.

Anyone got a break-down of what is required to convert .POV files from 2 to 3? Or
even better a conversion program to do it for me ?????

Thanks in advace for any comments

Mark Elliott

 /-\_/        \_ O
 I  #           \|-\__
 I  The NBA:     |
 I  I love       /\
 I  this         \ \
 I  game :-)     / /

Povray 2 --> Povray 3

Post by Stuart Johns » Tue, 24 Sep 1996 04:00:00

says...

Quote:>Anyone got a break-down of what is required to convert .POV files from 2 to 3?

Hm. Two ways of doing so. One is to put as the first line of the file "#version
2.0" and the other way is to learn POV3's differences from 2, and then edit out
every error in the file.

I say method one. :)

Povray 2 --> Povray 3

Post by Chris Colefa » Wed, 25 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Anyway onto my problem, having just downloaded PovRay 3 for Windows I
> thought I would look at one of my creations, but alas it won't compile due to
> various errors about color, pigments, ripples and other texture related stuff.

> Anyone got a break-down of what is required to convert .POV files from 2 to 3? Or
> even better a conversion program to do it for me ?????

POVRay automatically converts old code; just add the version directive
to the beginning of the POV scene file, ie.

#version 2.0

You can also use it in INI files or on the command line (check the
docs).

That being said, I have rendered most of my old version 2.0 files in 3.0
without a problem; are you sure the original files are correct?

1. konverting iges>>povray

Hello out there !

I am looking for a prog. there can konvert,iges of some sort to a *.pov  for
using in PovRay !

Are there someone there have a solution ?

I am using a 3D Cad/Cam/Cae prog. called "Catia Solution" and want to use the
model in PovRay.

I can also export to DXF,but is it  a 2D format ? I want 3D.
CU Later.

        Homepage http://home1.inet.tele.dk/kan

2. Tricky separations question for expert

3. povray->tga->mpeg

4. Menger's Sponge Two, The revenge of the Infinite Paradox!

5. Newsserver povray: new.povray.org

6. DNA Model

7. ftp.povray.org & www.povray.org

8. util to make a gif background transparent?

9. Povray LINUX vs Povray DOS

10. POVRay PPC and POVRay Dos comparism

11. DKBTrace <--> POVRay

12. PovRay DosWin -> Linux script converter