Questions, questions, questions.

Post by Gladiator Suprem » Mon, 02 Apr 1990 19:16:00

O.K. Since the 4014 is most likely a flop, I have one more question.
Does anyone know if they make graphic cards for vt100 terminals.
If so, how much do they go for, and where could I find one.
Vt100's are in vast supply around here, and although it is no VT240,
it will have to do.
Thanks.
-Gladiator

Post by Jack Morris » Mon, 02 Apr 1990 20:04:00

>O.K. Since the 4014 is most likely a flop, I have one more question.
>Does anyone know if they make graphic cards for vt100 terminals.
>If so, how much do they go for, and where could I find one.
>Vt100's are in vast supply around here, and although it is no VT240,
>it will have to do.

At a previous employer we used boards from a company called Selenar that did
mono graphics on a vt100, about 1200x300 (theoretical) resolution, I think. They
were pretty slow to work with (sending commands at 9600 baud), and no
doubt overpriced.

Why not get a PC clone for $500?

BTW, how about a usable email address so I don't have to bother anyone else
with this?

Anyway . . . what was the question? :-)
--
Jack C. Morrison        Jet Propulsion Laboratory

"The paycheck is part government property, but the opinions are all mine."

Post by Every system needs o » Wed, 02 May 1990 04:19:00

> Does anyone know if they make graphic cards for vt100 terminals.

The 'retrographics' card (VT640) is scaled to tek... 640x400, so things like
'hidden-line-removal' using selective erase won't work unless you un-scale
your image, and lose virtual resoloution.

Quote:> If so, how much do they go for, and where could I find one.

Digital, and I don't know if they sell them anymore.  This is the 'GPO' you
can turn on and off.

Quote:> Vt100's are in vast supply around here, and although it is no VT240,
> it will have to do.

Unfortunately, it won't save you a heck of a lot of money over a 240, as you
will have to replace the tubes with higher-persistence/resolution CRT's
(just the tubes) in orser to see the pictures you display very well.

| Terry Lambert           UUCP: ...{ decvax, ihnp4 } ...utah-cs!century!terry |

| SLC, Utah                                                                   |
|                   These opinions are not my companies, but if you find them |
|                   useful, send a $20.00 donation to Brisbane Australia...   |
| 'Admit it!  You're just harrasing me because of the quote in my signature!' |

1. question, question, question

Please help me!! I was wondering where to get a demo version of
something like photoshop, (Ineed the web site where to locate this).
Also I was wondering...I have some scans of pictures they came out as
5-10k tiffs of course they are the size of a dime and when you enlarge
them in vueprint the pixles get huge, can one of these photoshop type
programs fix this......

thank you very much!!!

dan

2. GetDC, wglMakeCurrent, ReleaseDC

3. Questions, questions, questions

4. Recommendations for 8.5 x 11 Flatbed Scanner?

5. questions questions questions!

6. Wanted. Information about Animator Studio

7. Renderfarm question - DVD question - Connection question

8. Questions...Questions..

9. Questions...Questions...

10. Question for UMAX Vista S-12 scanner users [SCSI-2 question]

11. A question about asking questions <g>

12. gradient question and a color question