Combining *.pov files for POV2.0

Post by Doug L » Tue, 09 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I was wondering if it was possible to combine two *.pov files to one
*.tga file. The reason two pov files is because the objest in each
file has a different camera path.

Or failing that. Is there a utility available to combine two *.tga
files?

I know I can do a cut and paste job with any graphics suite. but when
you're dealling with a 3000 frame animation, that would get tedious to
the extreme.

Combining *.pov files for POV2.0

Post by Gregory Bisho » Wed, 10 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>I was wondering if it was possible to combine two *.pov files to one
>*.tga file. The reason two pov files is because the objest in each
>file has a different camera path.

>Or failing that. Is there a utility available to combine two *.tga
>files?

>I know I can do a cut and paste job with any graphics suite. but when
>you're dealling with a 3000 frame animation, that would get tedious to
>the extreme.

Yea, Image Labls PicLab can do it.

Post by Pieter Spoelst » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>I know I can do a cut and paste job with any graphics suite. but when
>you're dealling with a 3000 frame animation, that would get tedious to
>the extreme.

A. I don't know exactly, but can't you do something with DTA (Dave's
Targa Animator).

B. Maybe you need a paint program which handles batch jobs.

C. Creating your own batch job with macros??

I'm out of ideas.....

Pieter Spoelstra

MultiMedia application developer

Post by Andreas Dilg » Fri, 12 Jan 1996 04:00:00

>> I know I can do a cut and paste job with any graphics suite. but when
>> you're dealling with a 3000 frame animation, that would get tedious to
>> the extreme.

>DTA can do cut/paste in batches I think....

Probably the best batch-oriented image processing software is the pbm
utilities.  Installed on most unix systems, but also available for DOS.
You can do essentially any type of image manipulation with it.  Another
good package for X-windows only is ImageMagick.

Cheers, Andreas.
--
Andreas Dilger   University of Calgary  \"If a man ate a pound of pasta and
(403) 220-8792   Micronet Research Group \ a pound of antipasto, would they

Combining *.pov files for POV2.0

Post by BoB Bel » Fri, 12 Jan 1996 04:00:00

{This is a usenet posting, carbon copied to poster}
On Mon, 08 Jan 1996 19:15:35 GMT,
In comp.graphics.rendering.raytracing, in message

|I was wondering if it was possible to combine two *.pov files to one
|*.tga file. The reason two pov files is because the objest in each
|file has a different camera path.

Try making one .pov file into a union object (removing the camera
of course) and then you can rotate scale etc. to bring the camera
positions in both files to the same spot. Then just include the
one file and render.

        BoB