imq

Post by Dallas Wai » Tue, 14 Jun 1994 22:01:47

I have been viewing GIFs and JPGs for awhile now, but I saw files with a
IMQ extension in a cd-rom directory. What are these, and what do I need
to use to run them?

Thank you.
--
                         /|      =     Dallas Waite
    |>==================< |     |      Kirkland, WA

       (_____________________)         Slide me some news, man.

1. Encoding technique for .imq files in Magellan project

Hi,

I fetched a compressed image file from ames.arc.nasa.gov which had a
".imq"-extension.
The differences with the ".img"-images (which I have managed to convert
successfully into .GIF-Format) are
- variable length records and
- some kind of (Huffmann-) compression for the data.

The first one is easy: two bytes length (little endian) and then the
corresponding number of bytes for the record, padded with 0 to an even
number.
The second one I have problems with. Does anybody know how to decode the
data?

TIA

--
** NOTE: PLEASE USE MAIL ADDRESSES BELOW RATHER THAN ADDRESS GIVEN IN HEADER **
| Josef Moellers                | c/o Siemens Nixdorf Informationssysteme AG  |

2. (OT) I need a special font; have a DLL problem & PSP launches extra copies