A good Book

Post by Magic Monke » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Are there any good books I could get that teach how to Ray trace. Especially
with Pov ? I'm know about basic stuff for POV after reading the help
documents but my main downfall is not knowing about certain techniques to
make certain effects. With out tutorials, which a book would have, I can't
see of any way to learn more about raytracing.

Feel free to call me an idiot and point out other ways to learn, but a book
seems like the most obvious way.

MagicMonkey

1. are these books good books ?

Hello,

did you read and what do you think of these books :

3D Computer Graphics, by Alan Watt (Adisson Wesley)
3D Image Processing Algorithms, by Nikos Nikolaidis(Wiley)
Applied Geometry for Computer Graphics and CAD,  by Duncan Marsh (Springer)

Or do you know any other good book about 3D graphics ?

Michel.

2. Requesting material in their native format?

3. What makes a good book good?

4. One mac can't print pagemaker files, others OK.

5. Any good books on Truespace 2.0?

6. Color from one picture to another ?

7. Anyone with a good book on ray tracing.

8. I JUST NEED 2D anim. prog. SOFTIMAGE TOONS

9. Recommand any good book for volume rendering.

10. a good book for a beginner

11. Good Books for POV Ray

12. Good Books on TS3?

13. ANY ONE OF ANY GOOD BOOKS LATELY??