Wanted: 35mm slides -> computer

Post by Kenneth Selv » Sun, 14 Aug 1994 02:37:41

Hello all,

   I have 300-500 35mm slides which I want to convert to graphics (photo-cd,
.gif, .tif etc) in order to make them available on the net though our www
server.

   If you know of a company I could contact, please send me their name and
phone number.  I am trying to make a multimedia tour of North America using
the photographs taken by my grandparents over the last 30 years.

  I don't know what kind of equipment is available to scan slides, but if
you have such equipment and would consider scaning my slides and ftping or
nfsmounting my drive to save the images on my system, I will be glad to
pay you whatever is fair.

1. Wanted: 35mm slides -> co

          Kenneth Selvia wrote *
 *********************************

***  Newsgroups: comp.graphics
***
***KSHello all,
***
***KS   I have 300-500 35mm slides which I want to convert to graphics (photo
***  .gif, .tif etc) in order to make them available on the net though our ww
***  server.
***KS   If you know of a company I could contact, please send me their name a
***KS  I don't know what kind of equipment is available to scan slides, but i
 *********************************

Hi Ken,

We usually send our 35mm out to a local place.  We do a 100 at a time
for AV presentations.  We have seen costs of 59 cents to $2 each
depending on time.  Finding a local company should not to hard.

Nikon Cool scan is a good scanner.  I have used that before.

see ya,

Chris

---
 * TLX v2.30 * My other computer is a Silicon Graphics Workstation.
---
 * SLMR 2.1 *

2. brochure layout problem

3. Make 35mm slides from computer images

4. Need Relisys scanner driver

5. 35mm slides from computer graphics

6. diagramming algorithms

7. slide/negative scanner > 35mm

8. 35mm slide and 35mm negative images?

9. WANTED: 35MM SLIDES??????

10. RECOMMENDATION WANTED: Color Slide/Negative Film for Computer Displays

11. Q: anyone rent 35mm slide scanners?