Wanted: UTAH teapot data...

Post by frankl » Wed, 20 Apr 1994 03:47:21

The subject title should say it all, but.

I'm looking for a (machine readable) source for the control points used
in the UTAH teapot. Any additional information (e.g. blending function used
etc.) also gratefully received.

P.S. I know it's in a book by Watt, but that's not exactly machine readible.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Wanted: UTAH teapot data...

Date: Mon, 18 Apr 1994 18:47:21 GMT

Newsgroups: comp.graphics

The subject title should say it all, but.

I'm looking for a (machine readable) source for the control points used
in the UTAH teapot. Any additional information (e.g. blending function used
etc.) also gratefully received.

P.S. I know it's in a book by Watt, but that's not exactly machine readible.

Thanks in advance

Dave

Wanted: UTAH teapot data...

Post by frankl » Thu, 21 Apr 1994 08:13:45

Just to say that I now have the required information. (3 copies in fact!).

Thanks to all who mailed me.

Dave

1. Utah Teapot : Where to find data for Bezier patches?`

  There was a post recently about the data for the Utah Teapot. Technically,
wasn't this first implemented using Bicubic Bezier patches. I've been working
on a little Bezier project of my own and was wondering if there any sites which
have the data for the control points of the Bezier patches. Actually, I've
got them in the Watt book 3D Computer Graphics, but I really don't have the
time or the inclination to enter all this stuff in. Thanks for any pointers in
the right direction.
                                                 --**DAVE**--

2. EARN MORE

3. 3D-data for Utah-teapot

4. TROUBS WITH TOOLBOOK 4.0

5. Utah teapot data

6. Lights with lens flare

7. Wanted: The UTAH teapot in 3dstudio ascii format

8. Is there any way to raytrace 3dstudio objects?

9. The Utah Teapot

10. Utah Teapot ???

11. Utah and Newell's teapots?

12. The Utah teapot