Paint Shop Pro Paint Brush Strength

Post by Rick Borto » Fri, 26 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I have recently come across a tutorial page on the web that gave
examples of doing digital landscape paintings using Paint Shop Pro 3.X.
In the tutorial, the author refers to pushing color with the paint brush
strength set to a specific number.  All my attempts in Paint Shop Pro
4.X to find any reference to Paint Brush Strength have failed.  Can some
one explain it to me and explain how to get the same affect with 4.X.

Tnank in advance.

Rick Borton

Paint Shop Pro Paint Brush Strength

Post by Rick Bolma » Sat, 27 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Rick,

I'm guessing that your talking about the "Whisper your love" how-to at
http://iw1.indyweb.net/~adawson/howdo.html

Your correct in stating that the strength field for the paintbrush no
longer exists. What you need to do is use the smudge tool in its place.
If you click on the icon that has the left hand pointing down with its
index finger, it will pull up a "retouch" box. The retouch modes are
lighten, darken, soften, sharpen, emboss, and smudge. Take some time to
play with these tools, and I think you'll be able to convert that how-to
to a 4.x tut.

Good Luck...

            Rick

Post by Rick Borto » Mon, 29 Sep 1997 04:00:00

> Rick,

> I'm guessing that your talking about the "Whisper your love" how-to at
> http://iw1.indyweb.net/~adawson/howdo.html

> Your correct in stating that the strength field for the paintbrush no
> longer exists. What you need to do is use the smudge tool in its place.
> If you click on the icon that has the left hand pointing down with its
> index finger, it will pull up a "retouch" box. The retouch modes are
> lighten, darken, soften, sharpen, emboss, and smudge. Take some time to
> play with these tools, and I think you'll be able to convert that how-to
> to a 4.x tut.

> Good Luck...

>             Rick

> > I have recently come across a tutorial page on the web that gave
> > examples of doing digital landscape paintings using Paint Shop Pro
> > 3.X.
> > In the tutorial, the author refers to pushing color with the paint
> > brush
> > strength set to a specific number.  All my attempts in Paint Shop Pro
> > 4.X to find any reference to Paint Brush Strength have failed.  Can
> > some
> > one explain it to me and explain how to get the same affect with 4.X.

> > Tnank in advance.

> > Rick Borton

You were absolutly correct about the location of the tutorial.  Thanks
for you clarifications.  I look forward to playing around with them.

Rick

1. Paint Shop Pro 2000 _ Brushes & Painting

While I find the new "eFX" tools to be occasionally useful, and the
development of vector tools to be worthwhile (for those who use them),
it's puzzling that a program called "Paint Shop Pro" would offer such
limited paint brush options.  Frankly, I would gladly trade the "gee
whiz" effects in 6.0 for customizeable brushes.  When are we going to
be able to SHAPE even the basic brushes, and be able to ROTATE
them, as not only Photoshop, but also LView Pro support?  Why can't we
PAINT with Paint Shop Pro?  Why not develope tools similar to those
found in Painter 6 or  Deep Paint?  Leave the vector stuff for
Trajectory Pro, limit the eFX stuff to the truely useful, and please
give us a Paint Shop Pro program we can actually paint with!

I understand that, depending upon our individual preferences and
artistic passions, we all want JASC to go in different directions with
future Paint Shop Pro development.  But in my view, adding vector
tools and eFX before making Paint Shop a real painting program is
"putting the cart before the horse".

2. Saving Objects

3. Paint Shop Pro Brushes "bones"

4. Output to video?

5. PS Brushes from Paint Shop Pro problem

6. Film Strip

7. Paint Shop Pro 5 with Animation Shop Beta 2.1 Now Available

8. Help with gradients...!

9. Paint Shop Shop Pro 7

10. paint shop pro animation shop

11. Paint Shop Pro 5 with Animation Shop Beta 2.1 Now Available

12. Paint Shop Pro 7 beta 4 and LView Pro 2.85