PSP7 - Installer Crashing

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:14:41

> Hi,

> Whenever I try to install PSP7 the installer crashes and says;
> "Internal Error 2355".

> Can anyone offer me any help on how to solve this problem?

That error may be due to an incomplete or corrupt download. Compare your
downloaded file size to the file size listed on the Jasc site
(33,368,016 bytes).

Quote:

--
Bill - PSP 7, PSP 6, and Media Center Plus Private Beta Tester
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235

PSP7 - Installer Crashing

Post by Ron Minle » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 05:13:33

Hi There,
I had this problem after downloading from JASC.  I had the correct size file
and all the possible errors checked out OK following Jasc's directions.  The
answere I found was the interupted downloads with my download program.  I
went on to an ADSL line and was able to download the file without
interruptions and it installed and runs great.  I assume that there was file
corruption due to the interupted downloads, ( 4 times).
                                                           --Ron
-- Stop truth decay - study the Bible

Quote:> Hi,

> Whenever I try to install PSP7 the installer crashes and says;
> "Internal Error 2355".

> Can anyone offer me any help on how to solve this problem?

> Thanks

>  -Tafka-

PSP7 - Installer Crashing

Post by Kris Zaklik » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 05:20:42

From the Customer Support database at the Jasc web site at
http://www.jasc.com:

Error 2355
Usually the result of an incomplete download or a corrupted TEMP
directory. To fix the former, repeat the download monitoring for
interruptions. For the latter, shut down all programs, double
click MY COMPUTER, then double click on C:\, and then double
click on the WINDOWS FOLDER. Inside there click once on TEMP
and strike the delete key on your keyboard. Answer yes to any
questions. Then right click once in an empty area of the window,
select NEW > FOLDER, type in TEMP and hit ENTER. Then try to
reinstall Paint Shop Pro.

My suggestion is to shut down all programs when you do this since
some of them might be trying to write to the TEMP directory.

This install problem is not a PSP issue. In order to get Windows
2000 Certification, Paint Shop Pro must use the new Microsoft
Installer, which can create some issues for users.

Kris

> Hi,

> Whenever I try to install PSP7 the installer crashes and says;
> "Internal Error 2355".

> Can anyone offer me any help on how to solve this problem?

> Thanks

>  -Tafka-

Kris Zaklika                                       Jasc Software, Inc.

PSP7 - Installer Crashing

Post by TracyC » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 06:21:20

> >> Hi,
> >> Whenever I try to install PSP7 the installer crashes and says;
> >> "Internal Error 2355".
> >> Can anyone offer me any help on how to solve this problem?

I had to reinstall the Windows installer.

PSP7 - Installer Crashing

Post by TomJoa » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:28:46

Hope I never have to do that but......

What installer do use to install an installer?

On Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:21:20 GMT, "TracyCT"

>I had to reinstall the Windows installer.

PSP7 - Installer Crashing

Post by TracyC » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:53:38

LOL!!  It's been a while now, and I know that I was battered and bruised by
the time it was over, but I found some info at the MS site on the installer,
I followed the instructions, then downloaded the new installer, and
installed it (it wasn't an install type file) then everything was A OK.

Quote:> Hope I never have to do that but......

> What installer do use to install an installer?

PSP7 - Installer Crashing

Post by Roberto Maren » Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:38:18

MS Installer 1.2:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/PlatformSDK/Oct2000/Msi/Win95/InstMs...
for Win 95/98.

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/developr/PlatformSDK/Oct2000/Msi/WinNT/x86/In...
for Win NT.

Nam

> LOL!!  It's been a while now, and I know that I was battered and bruised
by
> the time it was over, but I found some info at the MS site on the
installer,
> I followed the instructions, then downloaded the new installer, and
> installed it (it wasn't an install type file) then everything was A OK.

> > Hope I never have to do that but......

> > What installer do use to install an installer?

1. Installer problem with psp7

I bought the CD full version of psp7 yesterday & it won't install properly.
I've never had psp before and this is the first app I've noticed that
configures the Windows installer during the install process, so I don't
understand what's going on. Anyway, a Windows error message 1618 flashed up
during the install, and on trying to run psp7 I get a fatal error to the
effect that psp7.exe is not a valid WIN32 app. (It uninstalls perfectly,
though!)
I've emailed JASC support but suspect from their initial reply that they
don't know the answer.  I followed the advice for installation error 2533
given on the JASC support page, to download and install the installer from
the Microsoft systems developer downloads site, but this made no difference.
Did I do that right? Has anyone else in the NG had to do this?  Is the
single download of a single file enough, or did I miss something? Advice
badly needed and gratefully received.
Alan Batchelor

2. gnuplot and time axis

3. AE PSP7.4 and filter crashing

4. most efficient way of transfering a binary file down MSCOMM32

5. Hot keys Ctrl + Delete crash PSP7

6. shadows in RayCast

7. PSP7 Crashing

8. PSP7 crashes on printing