what gversion values can an O2 return?

Post by Silverstei » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

When using gversion in a program, what are the values that can be
returned.  In particular for the graphics portion of the string what are
the different possibilities.

Also, of these how many of these can be used to run hardware stereo?

Herc

Post by Jonathan Li » Sat, 21 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> When using gversion in a program, what are the values that can be
> returned.  In particular for the graphics portion of the string what are
> the different possibilities.

> Also, of these how many of these can be used to run hardware stereo?

> Herc

According to the stereo(3G) man page:

     IRIS-4D G, GT, GTX, VGX, and VGXT models, the Personal Iris, Indy,
Indigo
     Entry, XL, XS, XS24, XZ, Elan and Extreme systems do not support
stereo.

                Jonathan Lim    Silicon Graphics, Inc.
                GPS Graphics      Mountain View,  CA

1. POV-Ray 3.1 : Returning a value!

Hi,
OK, I am really pissed off because I can't figure it out...I've RTFM many
times (mainly the sections 4.2.8.4 and 4.2.8.5), and I still can't figure it
out.  I am making a 'plug-in' that requires the use of randomly generated
numbers.  I also wanted them to be negative numbers as well.  So, I created a
macro that would return a +1 or a -1 (randomly)...but I can't figure out how
to have that value returned.  I have something like this:

#macro Sign()
  #local S=seed(clock);
  #local R=rand(S);

  #if(R <= .5)
    1
  #else
   -1
   #end
#end

I don't know if that is right or not, but I hope you can see what I am up to.
I know there is another way to generate random values from -1 to 1
(like: #local R=(rand(S)*2)-1 but just for now, I want to know how to return
values).

BTW, I wonder why POV-Ray Team could've just implemented a #return directive
It would make things really easy...and this shouldn't limit to numbers.

Thanks!
Bye!

Gautam N. Lad / Vimal N. Lad

- Website: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Heights/1107
- ICQ #7196672

2. 3dstudio .xfile exporter

3. returned from-0 value-2 days in-help!

4. Getting NZ Digital elevation data to make a heightfield

5. max return value ...

6. URGENT! Recomend us an 3D-digitizer!!

7. Odd return values from LScript Control Objects.

8. Pasteing an image onto another image

9. Return-Value of function

10. Values returned from glReadPixels slightly off.

11. Click Return Value

12. Using Z value returned by gluProject

13. MEL-Returning value of variable name