Need help in switching RGB to CMYK

Post by J WALDR » Wed, 12 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I have been printing photos taken from my CD-ROM on my Epson Stylus Color
Printer. These photos are in RGB and appear rather weak in color. I
understand that if I switch from RGB to CMYK that the color will have more
zip.
Can anyone advise me?
Jim Waldron

Need help in switching RGB to CMYK

Post by larry burke-wein » Sun, 16 Apr 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I have been printing photos taken from my CD-ROM on my Epson Stylus Color
>Printer. These photos are in RGB and appear rather weak in color. I
>understand that if I switch from RGB to CMYK that the color will have more
>zip.
>Can anyone advise me?

If you open the photos in Photoshop you can easily convert the images to
CMYK by simply selecting the CMYK mode (I forget the menu header - I'm
at home now).

There are a zillion other ways to color correct. A few I might suggest
are using the curves palette, the variations feature (one of my
favorites) or going into the CMYK channels and tweaking them
individually.

Hope this helps

LBW

Quote:>Jim Waldron

1. color balance when switching from RGB to CMYK

Can anyone give me good advice about color balance when adapting an RGB photo
into CMYK?

I have a photo from a clipart source that's RGB and it prints fine when placed
in Pagemaker.  But I need to provide it as CMYK for a service bureau, and when I
change mode in Photoshop, the image remains fine in Photoshop but the color
balance gets very green in the Pagemaker document.

I've tried to use the Color Balance sliders in Photoshop to compensate, but that
makes it look artificial.  Is there an option in Pagemaker that needs a
different setting?

By the way, my Trinitron monitor and HP1218 printer are in agreement with each
other, but oddly Pagemaker is not in agreement with Photoshop.

Thanks!

Daniel Dorff

2. MEASURING PARTICLES ???

3. help rgb->cmyk, ycc->cmyk, TIFF

4. Q: Roll/Pitch/Yaw -> Alpha/Theta/Gamma

5. Need help with RGB -> CMYK

6. Help (CMYK - RGB conversion algorithm needed)

7. Urgent help needed! - NSC to RGB or CMYK

8. CMYK vs RGB - need help

9. Need help with RGB -> CMYK

10. HSB to CMYK or RGB to CMYK formula