JPEG -> MPEG2 application

Post by Marcus Damberg » Sun, 16 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I was wondering if there were any applications (like Adobe Premier?) which
can take individual jpeg images and a sound file and convert them to an
MPEG in MpegII format with embedded sound.  Hopefully the program can
handle high resolution images and pretty good sound.  Hopefully I can use
this program for commercial insertion on cable networks using MpegII
decoders.  (might save the company some money).  If not, does anyone care
to write one?

            -Marcus Damberger / N9RZE Amateur Radio

(ps- please if you are able to, send e-mail, this message is cross-posted)

JPEG -> MPEG2 application

Post by Eric Benne » Tue, 18 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>I was wondering if there were any applications (like Adobe Premier?) which
>can take individual jpeg images and a sound file and convert them to an
>MPEG in MpegII format with embedded sound.  Hopefully the program can
>handle high resolution images and pretty good sound.  Hopefully I can use
>this program for commercial insertion on cable networks using MpegII
>decoders.  (might save the company some money).  If not, does anyone care
>to write one?

The closest thing I know of would be to use Sparkle to make an MPEG-I movie
(from a QuickTime, not from individual frames, but you can find other
utilities that will make the QuickTime from individual frames) and use a
separate AIFF file as the audio track.

All of the Mac MPEG audio and video players I've seen are really slow
(even the PowerPC versions are easily outclassed by Windows players running on
a 486/33), so until those speed issues are addressed, I suspect we won't see
Mac programs for creating MPEG-2 movies or MPEG videos with associated MPEG
audio.

1. BMP->GIF->JPEG->TIFF->PostScript Convertors

Hello,
I am looking for *APIs* (not the single application) that supports conversion
of one graphics format to another. The formats that I am interested in are:

        BMP, GIF, JPEG, Postscript, Tiff

I am looking for commercial product that can support both UNIX and WINDOWS
environment. I tried to look into PBMplus package. It doesn't seem to have
support for jpeg and not sure whether windows version is available or not.
Appreciate if could mail me the available product and contact pointers at my

If its commercial product or then we are interested in buying few hundred
copies possibly with source etc. We would happy to invite small company who
is interested in developing such APIs for us.  I would be more than happy
to provide more specification detail to interested people. Appreciate, if you
could directly send me mail to above mentioned address.

thanks,
with regards

--ram

2. Light fixture

3. Help!! Mulit-Media Question- MPEG2, JPEG

4. several questions for all

5. MPEG2 file format and MPEG2 overview

6. Is there a hips to pgm coverter ??

7. Hardware Firewire DV -> MPEG2 on-the-fly

8. How do I know if I'm using my opengl accelerator?

10. >>Please help: jpeg problems....

11. Please help: Slides >> jpeg

12. another way of explaining this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

13. How can I select part of a jpeg image from my application