2D boundary model

Post by ulisses mel » Sat, 28 Aug 1993 23:55:30

        I need to describe 2D objects using what Samet calls the boundary
model (He describes this for modeling 3D solids). It seems to me that I can
use analagous model for 2D using edges, vertices, polygons and no faces. I am
starting to work on this subject and I would appreciate if some one can give
some pointers to algorithms/code/references/data-structures that I could use
to understand how it works.
        Thanks in advance.

ulisses.
---------

1. 2D boundary model

        I need to describe 2D objects using what Samet calls the boundary
model (He describes this for modeling 3D solids). It seems to me that I can
use analagous model for 2D using edges, vertices, polygons and no faces. I am
starting to work on this subject and I would appreciate if some one can give
some pointers to algorithms/code/references/data-structures that I could use
to understand how it works.
        Thanks in advance.

ulisses.
---------

2. comp.graphics.algorithms

3. Nonconvex boundary of 2d points?

4. indy contest entrants?

5. Newbie Qtn: Building 2D boundary list

6. 3D Studio MAX Tips Page (A Superb Site!!!!!)

7. Direction of a 2D boundary

8. For a Slice of Irony, Try <http://visualsgi.com/>

9. OpenGL: fitting a circle boundary to set of 2D points

10. keep 2D-object inside boundaries.

11. OpenGL: fitting a circle boundary to set of 2D points

12. Boundary model using Euler operator ?

13. solid modeling boundary representation class structure