realtime landscape rendering

Post by Vect » Fri, 17 Mar 1995 06:09:55

Does anybody know where I might be able to get some information on some
landscape renderers that operate in realtime. Please bear in mind it will
have to significantly high resolution and will run most likely on an SGI
Onyx or SparcStation 20. It will also have to be able to intcorperate
IGES files and DXF models. Please repond by mail.

| Q: What do you say to the man who has everyhing? |
| A: Hi, friend!                                   |

Post by Bruno Le » Fri, 17 Mar 1995 17:05:53

|> Does anybody know where I might be able to get some information on some
|> landscape renderers that operate in realtime. Please bear in mind it will
|> have to significantly high resolution and will run most likely on an SGI
|> Onyx or SparcStation 20. It will also have to be able to intcorperate
|> IGES files and DXF models. Please repond by mail.
|>
|> --
|> +--------------------------------------------------+
|> | Q: What do you say to the man who has everyhing? |
|> | A: Hi, friend!                                   |
|> +--------------------------------------------------+

A friend of mine has written something like that. I have put it in my
3d lib package:
sunsite.unc.edu
/pub/packages/development/graphics/tagl21src.tgz

1. ActiveMap - High Quality, Realtime, 3D Landscape Visualization ActiveX

ActiveMap - High Quality, Realtime, 3D Landscape Visualization.

For both Application and Web Developers who need to display high
quality, realtime,landscape graphics, ActiveMap is an ActiveX control
that offers a simple to use interface yet provides high quality results.
Download a sample application from
http://www.woolleysoft.co.uk/ActiveMap.html and try it out!

== Flexible Deployment ==

Fly through and around your maps and satellite images in 3D.
Compatible with Delphi, Visual Basic, Visual C and all other development
environments supporting ActiveX controls.
Available in web-enabled format.  Integrates into you web page with no
loss of functionalty.
Responds to JavaScript and VBScript.
Renders in software, but will use hardware acceleration if available.
Lightweight deployment. Just one ActiveX!

== Features ==

Uses optimized polygon models for  fast, smooth response.
High resolution texture mapping tuned for landscape display - display
quality far higher than VRML.  Program/Javascript control over
  * Camera, target positions and perspective
  * Lighting model
  * Surface rendering model
  * Background rendering model and colors
  * Fog
  * Optional control panel to allow direct user interaction with the
model

== Broad Support ==

Uses industry-standard TIN file format.
Compatible with Visual Explorer - Generate optimised TIN files
directly from all common digital terrain data formats in just a few
seconds.

== Evals/Pricing/System Requirements ==

Fully functional Evaluation copy available from our web site at
http://www.woolleysoft.co.uk/ActiveMap.html.
Introductory Price $199, royalty free.
Bespoke enhancements available.
Microsoft Windows 95 or Microsoft Windows NT operating system.
OpenGL in software or hardware
* WoolleySoft :     Landscape Visualisation    *
*             :      Software and services     *
*             :  http://www.woolleysoft.co.uk  *

*             :  Tel & Fax: 01786 825406       *

2. model of human 3d

3. ANNOUNCE: ActiveMap - High Quality, Realtime, 3D Landscape Visualization ActiveX

4. what they stand for

5. REALTIME 3D VOXEL LANDSCAPE

6. Maya 4.0 IGES-Export

7. Level of Detail in realtime landscape engines

8. PLEASE HELP! I need a way to quickly plot an (X,Y) point array........

9. Realtime Volume Rendering

10. Realtime rendering and interactive TV studios

11. Realtime radiosity rendering

12. realtime rendering...