Using G++ with OpenInventor ?

Post by Paul Rhod » Tue, 22 Nov 1994 22:02:12

Hi. I know this has been addressed before, but can anyone use g++ to compile
an OpenInventor program (a simple one like HelloCone from Mentor). I know
there are problems linking the object files, but at the moment I more concerned
with actually getting them to compile.

The problem is the standard sgi include files.

In file included from /usr/include/Inventor/Xt/SoXt.h:34,
                 from HelloCone.cc:28:
/usr/include/Inventor/SbLinear.h:178: `SbVec3f::operator -(...)' must take
either zero or one argument
/usr/include/Inventor/SbLinear.h:178: confused by earlier errors, bailing out

thanks in advance,

Paul

1. How to Compile OpenInventor programs using g++

I need to know whether it is possible to compile Open Inventor Programs
using the g++ compiler or not. If it is possible please tell me how?

I tried compiling the Open Inventor program using gcc compiler and
it would not work.

Thanks in Advance

Gurinder

2. Pattern Recognition Software?

3. Gnu G++ and OpenInventor on SGI

4. help ! scanner not working !

5. OpenInventor & G++

6. Plugins

7. OpenInventor & Gnu g++

8. need an electronic organizer

9. HELP! - link using g++ with glut

10. using g++ under Linux

11. using g++ to compile alias plug-ins

12. Printing using OpenInventor

13. Can Opengl and OpenInventor be used under linux?