procedural texture

Post by Michel Grenie » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

   Hy NG,

        I was browsing for a procedural texture program.
        I found that very interesting page :
        http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~tem/

        But the source code is temporarily unavailable...

        If anyone of you has already downloaded that code  and
        could take the time to mail it to me or to give me a new
        link to it... That would be just great...

        Thanks for any help !

        Michel Grenier

procedural texture

Post by Alex Magido » Fri, 16 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Try asking about for some source code on
comp.graphics.rendering.renderman, or poke around some of these links(I
think most/all of these programs support procedural textures, and
parsers thereto.):http://www.dotcsw.com/links.html
Also, check out the book Texturing and Modeling: A Procedural Approach-
that might help as well.

--
" The twentieth century has been characterized by three developments of
great political importance: the growth of democracy, the growth of

                                                      Alex Carey, author

procedural texture

--
" The twentieth century has been characterized by three developments of
great political importance: the growth of democracy, the growth of
corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of
protecting corporate power against democracy. "

                                                      Alex Carey, author

1. Procedural Textures / Realtime Textured Sphere rendering

Hi There,

I am (also) looking for information on how to render as near as damn it
perfect spheres and texture map them.  I know it's a lot to ask, but I am
aiming high to try and achieve the best results:

I want to be able to texture map a sphere with a pattern, give it realistic
shading - close to phong would be nice! - so there is one or more specular
highlights and possibly environment map a reflection into/onto it.

And now here's the crunch.  I'd like to be able to render as many as 20
spheres realtime, very, very quickly, as quick as possible as there is some
other triangle based rendering to be performed at the same time.

If anyone has information on very very fast algo's to phong shade or
procedurally texture spheres, create highlights or quickly environment map a
sphere, I would be very grateful.

Thanks a bunch

Ian

p.s. any help on fast shadow algorithms would be appreciated too, see my
other post!
p.p.s remove nospam for direct replies.

2. Have a question about the LightWave mailing list

3. Procedural Texturing and Modelling

4. Programming scanners II

5. Snapshot procedural texture?

6. how to automatically get visible object's near and far distance at camera coordinate in shader?

7. Locking down Procedural textures?

8. FREE Cool 3D Shadow Plugin

9. Procedural textures

10. FS: Procedural Textures for VIZ and MAX

11. procedural texture

12. 3D procedural Textures!