Font folder - please help!!!

Post by Jaco D'Afr » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

I don't know if anyone can help but I have had problems with installing new fonts into my font folder - it just won't let me do it!  But I thought, is there a way of creating a second font folder to put a another set of fonts in?  In addition to this, can PhotoShop then access this other folder when using the Type/Text tool?

Peace,

Jaco D'Afro

Font folder - please help!!!

Post by Sandova » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

  I don't know if anyone can help but I have had problems with installing
new fonts into my font folder - it just won't let me do it!  But I thought,
is there a way of creating a second font folder to put a another set of
fonts in?  In addition to this, can PhotoShop then access this other folder
when using the Type/Text tool?

      If your Fonts folder won't allow you to add fonts, then either you
have installed a maximum number of fonts and need to delete some, OR your
fonts folder is corrupted, OR you have a buggy version of Win95 and might
have to reinstall it. No, you can't create a second fonts folder.

  The Windows utility "TweakUI" allows you to fix the fonts folder. It's
part of Microsoft's "Powertoys", which you can download here:

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows95/downloads/contents/WUToys/W95PwrTo...
efault.asp

Font folder - please help!!!

Post by Joe Cilinceo » Fri, 22 Oct 1999 04:00:00

One note here if you are deleting fonts DON'T delete Marlett.ttf as Windows
won't run properly with out it.

--

Joe Cilinceon
http://newdawn.gzinc.com/

>   I don't know if anyone can help but I have had problems with installing
> new fonts into my font folder - it just won't let me do it!  But I
thought,
> is there a way of creating a second font folder to put a another set of
> fonts in?  In addition to this, can PhotoShop then access this other
folder
> when using the Type/Text tool?
>   Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

>       If your Fonts folder won't allow you to add fonts, then either you
> have installed a maximum number of fonts and need to delete some, OR your
> fonts folder is corrupted, OR you have a buggy version of Win95 and might
> have to reinstall it. No, you can't create a second fonts folder.

>   The Windows utility "TweakUI" allows you to fix the fonts folder. It's
> part of Microsoft's "Powertoys", which you can download here:

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows95/downloads/contents/WUToys/W95PwrTo...

Quote:> efault.asp

Font folder - please help!!!

Post by <the00sa.. » Sun, 24 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Joe ...
The problem that you have with your Font-Folder is quite common, It's
full ... now, that itself is a problem because there are so many fonts in
there that I suspect that your machine became noticeable slow, because
Window MUST load ALL the fonts that are in the Font-Folder ... You CAN
create another folder like any other in your system ... let's say you name
it My Fonts ... or Fonts 2 ... or wathever name you want ... and then MOVE
some or better Most of your font to this "New Font Folder" you just
created ... Don't delete fonts that you may later need, just Move them ...
Now ... when you want that your programs (Word or Photoshop or any other)
to recognise this "New Folder Fonts" just go to this "New Folder Font" and
OPEN the font you want to use BEFORE you launch Photoshop or Word or
etc ... (I believe you get the idea)... if you want to use them ALL, Then
OPEN ALL of them ... Then launch Photoshop and you will see that you can
use all the font you just opened plus the fonts that are in your original
Font-Folder ... (email me if you need more clarification ... happy to
help)

Font folder - please help!!!

Post by Lucid Dreame » Mon, 25 Oct 1999 04:00:00

And as far as accessing unistalled fonts with photoshop goes (ie the ones in
the other folder) they can be accessed if you have them open in the font
viewer BEFORE opening the program....

Lucid

    I don't know if anyone can help but I have had problems with installing
new fonts into my font folder - it just won't let me do it!  But I thought,
is there a way of creating a second font folder to put a another set of
fonts in?  In addition to this, can PhotoShop then access this other folder
when using the Type/Text tool?

    Peace,

    Jaco D'Afro

Font folder - please help!!!

Post by D i m i t r » Mon, 25 Oct 1999 04:00:00

There is a font subfolder within the Photoshop folder.  Place extra
fonts there and it will access those.

>   I don't know if anyone can help but I have had problems with installing
> new fonts into my font folder - it just won't let me do it!  But I thought,
> is there a way of creating a second font folder to put a another set of
> fonts in?  In addition to this, can PhotoShop then access this other folder
> when using the Type/Text tool?
>   Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

>       If your Fonts folder won't allow you to add fonts, then either you
> have installed a maximum number of fonts and need to delete some, OR your
> fonts folder is corrupted, OR you have a buggy version of Win95 and might
> have to reinstall it. No, you can't create a second fonts folder.

>   The Windows utility "TweakUI" allows you to fix the fonts folder. It's
> part of Microsoft's "Powertoys", which you can download here:

> http://www.microsoft.com/Windows95/downloads/contents/WUToys/W95PwrTo...
> efault.asp

Font folder - please help!!!

Post by Dann » Mon, 29 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I had the same problem. I found a little program on
http://www.mytools.com/ called MyFonts Windows Font Manager.They have a
free download. It a great little programe that lets you veiw (installed or
not),print a font catalog of your font, and to your problem. You can creat
what's call font packs which creates a shortcut to font folder from were
ever store your font(another folder, disk, CD,) I stared having the same
problem when I had about 600 fonts. Now I've got over 1000 with no trouble
now. Whats cool if you register it metion my name Daniel Goodnight.
They'll give something and don't even work for them!