Odd Halo Problem- Please Help

Post by rob richar » Tue, 06 May 1997 04:00:00

Hi Folks,

When I render the scene below where the camera is looking into a
planar halo at an oblique angle. The bottom of the halo appears as
white and not blue as defined in the color_map. Is this a bug or a
feature and is there a way around it ?

Thanks in anticipation
Rob Richards
---------------------------------Cut Here-------------------------
// ==== Standard POV-Ray Includes ====
#include "colors.inc" // Standard Color definitions
#include "textures.inc"       // Standard Texture definitions

camera
{
  location  <-23, 6.4, -12>
  look_at   <0.0 , 5.0 , 0.0>

Quote:}

light_source{<-10,-15,-20> color White}

plane{y,10 pigment{checker color Black color White} hollow
finish{ambient .6 diffuse .5}}

plane{
      y,0
      pigment{Clear}
      hollow
      halo{
           emitting
           planar_mapping
           linear
           color_map{
                     [0 color rgbt<.12,.06,.957,.929>]
                     [1 color rgbt<.12,.06,.957,.99689>]
                    }
           turbulence 1.3
          }
      translate<0,9,0>
     }

1. Very odd Pvr problem. Please help

It seems that my pvr pal doesnt handle totally black.
When I build an animation from rendered images a mess
(flickering image with big white blocks ca 10*10 pixels) appear
whenever there is a portion in the image that is very dark.
The same thing happens when capturing live video.
If I render the images a little bit brighter the video is playing
perfectly. The Nt software seems to be a little bit better but
funny things happen in the video in the Nt  version to.
(green lines somewhere and flickering frames).

Which disk is recommended for pvr?
I know the Micropolis/seagate is recommended but
the last Multimediaworld says that these disks are slow
compared to the conner and besides the conner is cheaper.

Currently I am using a 2217 av disk (maybe thats why my video is
messed up???.

Gunnar Larsen Norway

2. text wrapping around a sphere

3. Comp-paint-edit-morph-software?

4. Please help with Halo graphics

5. TIFF and/or DWG files

6. odd color problem help!

7. Smearing Liquids

8. PLEASE Help Me Get Rid of Halo in Animated Gif

9. an odd problem with uv's ,need help

10. need help with bones/weight maps - odd problem

11. Please, please help - problem rendering a flc in 3ds4

12. PLEASE HELP HELP HELP PLEASE HELP