applications

Post by Bill Schnakenber » Thu, 19 Oct 2000 04:00:00

> During the time when I was running a trial version of PSP, I downloaded
> some pictures from my camera to a cd-rw. I no longer have PSP, but my
> computer tries to launch PSP every time I click on a picture. How can I
> still view my pictures?

If you saved them in the .psp format, you can't view them without PSP.
If the trial version you used was for PSP 6, then you can download a
trial version of PSP 7 and retrieve them and then convert them to
another format such as .tif, jpg, .bmp, etc.
If the trial version was PSP 7, then you are out of luck unless you buy
PSP 7 or find someone who has PSP 7 and have them convert them for you.
Earlier versions of PSP will not open PSP 7 files.
Someone may jump in here and tell you can use PhotoShop to open them,
but I don't have PhotoShop so I can't say that.

Quote:

--
Bill - PSP 7, PSP 6, and Media Center Plus Private Beta Tester
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235

applications

Post by bear.. » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:02:40

During the time when I was running a trial version of PSP, I downloaded
some pictures from my camera to a cd-rw. I no longer have PSP, but my
computer tries to launch PSP every time I click on a picture. How can I
still view my pictures?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

applications

Post by Nightingai » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

To Bearsaw (?),
Your email crashed my computer - repeatedly - I finally was able to
delete it without a crash. I have no idea what it said, and I couldn't
see what your email address was without a crash either. It appeared to
be a reply in this thread. Please don't email me again (you understand
why I'm sure).. If you reply here to this thread I'll see it.

Thanks,
Gail

--

applications

Post by Alex Taylo » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Whats happened is that these files are now "associated" with your defunct
PSP. Open a folder that has one of the files in it, click it ONCE, then
hold down the SHIFT key and right click on it. A context menu will come up
choose "OPEN WITH" and choose whatever program you have that will open
these types of files.
Dont forget to check the "always open with" box, so you only need to do
this the once. If it dont work just go theu the proceedure again and try
another programe.
If there JPG or GIF and you have nothing else, your web browser will open
them OK.
If there in PSP format, sorry.