Jasc:Copying selection

Post by Baerbl » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Make new Image 800x800. Transparent.
insert 8 balloons 4 in each row. (For making a Tube)
Select rectangle 622x357 Antialias unchecked, 0 Feather
Copy merged, paste as new image
new image is 519x295.
it copied right at the edge of the balloons instead of at the
selection.
Am I missing something ???????????????
It always worked before.

--
Baerble

http://home.wwdb.org/brolph
http://members.tripod.com/~Baerble/OfThisandThat/home.htm

Jasc:Copying selection

Post by JaGo » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> Make new Image 800x800. Transparent.
> insert 8 balloons 4 in each row. (For making a Tube)
> Select rectangle 622x357 Antialias unchecked, 0 Feather
> Copy merged, paste as new image
> new image is 519x295.
> it copied right at the edge of the balloons instead of at the
> selection.
> Am I missing something ???????????????
> It always worked before.

> --
> Baerble

> http://home.wwdb.org/brolph
> http://members.tripod.com/~Baerble/OfThisandThat/home.htm

I *think* the transparency is the issue. With nothing to copy/paste in the
transparent area, only the areas with data are copied (I don't think you can
paste transparency?)

Tried it with a BG layer filled w/solid colour, and it copied all and pasted
all to a new image (exact selection size). Could it be you were working with
an image with a solid BG colour before?

Just a thought.

--
James Goheen
http://www.crosswinds.net/~jgfoto/

--Cousins-- twice removed may reply by email.

Jasc:Copying selection

Post by Baerbl » Fri, 11 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I guess you are correct. So step added resize canvas.<Halfsmile>

--
Baerble

http://home.wwdb.org/brolph
http://members.tripod.com/~Baerble/OfThisandThat/home.htm

> > Make new Image 800x800. Transparent.
> > insert 8 balloons 4 in each row. (For making a Tube)
> > Select rectangle 622x357 Antialias unchecked, 0 Feather
> > Copy merged, paste as new image
> > new image is 519x295.
> > it copied right at the edge of the balloons instead of at the
> > selection.
> > Am I missing something ???????????????
> > It always worked before.

> > --
> > Baerble

> > http://home.wwdb.org/brolph
> > http://members.tripod.com/~Baerble/OfThisandThat/home.htm

> I *think* the transparency is the issue. With nothing to copy/paste in the
> transparent area, only the areas with data are copied (I don't think you
can
> paste transparency?)

> Tried it with a BG layer filled w/solid colour, and it copied all and
pasted
> all to a new image (exact selection size). Could it be you were working
with
> an image with a solid BG colour before?

> Just a thought.

> --
> James Goheen
> http://www.crosswinds.net/~jgfoto/
> "Red meat is NOT bad for you. Now blue-green meat, THAT'S bad for you!"
>    -- Tommy Smothers --

> --Cousins-- twice removed may reply by email.

Jasc:Copying selection

Post by JaGo » Sat, 12 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I guess you are correct. So step added resize canvas.<Halfsmile>

Hey, whatever gets you where you're going! <g>
--
James Goheen
http://www.crosswinds.net/~jgfoto/

--Cousins-- twice removed may reply by email.

1. JASC MediaCtr Problem on Mulltiple File Selection

Greetings,

I began to evaluate JASC's MediaCenter when my Image Pals
Album kept giving me error messages "could not recognize file format"
on perfectly normal GIFs.  MediaCenter read them all.  Cool.

But here's the problem/question:

After multiple-selecting 6 thumbnails, I wish to assign a common
keyword to them, but the selections KEYWORD and DESCRIPTIONS in the
Edit menu are greyed out.  Why?  Surely you do not expect me to
laboriously assign the common keyword to these one by one.  Am I
missing something here?

Yours,

Bob Grody
Vendor Relations Chairman
Centrastate Computer Users Group
Freehold, NJ
http://www.cybercom.com/~intutor/ccug.html

2. Weiler-Atherton polygon clipping

3. PSP6: JASC query - Vector selection

4. ImageWalker removes file Paste option from Windows explorer!

5. OT: Jasc announces update to Jasc Trajectory Pro

6. fuzzy textures??

7. copy selection between images

8. Phos Monte Carlo Renderer has been updated

9. Transforming copied selections after pasting into a new picture

10. stuck copying selection

11. Cannot copy selection

12. How can I Copy-Paste selection to Director

13. LASSO...copy /paste (selection jumps and blurrs)...