The Utah Teapot

Post by Henri Sivon » Fri, 30 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Could someone tell me (or give an URL for) about the history of the famous
Utah Teapot?
Who has modeled it, when, and in which original format?
Is it public domain or who owns it?
Why is it so popular?
And why Utah?

--
Henri Sivonen

WWW: http://www.clinet.fi/~henris/

The Utah Teapot

Post by serke » Sat, 31 Jan 1998 04:00:00

> Could someone tell me (or give an URL for) about the history of the famous
> Utah Teapot?
> Who has modeled it, when, and in which original format?
> Is it public domain or who owns it?
> Why is it so popular?
> And why Utah?

> --
> Henri Sivonen

> WWW: http://www.veryComputer.com/~henris/

Try visiting http://www.veryComputer.com/~siggraph/MeetingNotes/Utah.html
A little more than half way down in the paragraph on John Warnock is a
blurb about a teapot that sat on someones desk.  There is also an
amusing, yet vague, adverti*t at
http://www.veryComputer.com/;Hope this helps.

1. Wanted: The UTAH teapot in 3dstudio ascii format

Does anyone with 3d studio know if the utah
teapot is one of the standard shapes??

If it is (or even if it isn't) could anyone
who knows please send me it preferably in ascii
format but otherwise whatever will do

thanks in advance
---------------------------------

"If all the world's a stage....
 then Steven Fry's f***ed!!"

GAME ON!
---------------------------------

2. physical engine

3. Utah Teapot ???

4. Shareware ?

5. The Utah teapot

6. how to use topict or tomac?

7. Utah Teapot : Where to find data for Bezier patches?`

8. Does SoOffscreenRenderer break textures ?

9. Wanted: UTAH teapot data...

10. Utah teapot file?

11. 3D-data for Utah-teapot

12. One last note on the utah teapot