without vertical distortion?

Post by Rob Wiering » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

In POV I'd like to make a picture of a building without
distortion in the vertical direction when pointing the
camera upwards. In "reality" there exist cameras that
can do that by keeping the film vertical (see the ASCII
picture below). I looked in the POV docs, but couldn't find
a direct clue.

Any hints?

Rob Wieringa

    _  |
    /| |
|  /   |
| /
|/

without vertical distortion?

Post by budthef.. » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,

> In POV I'd like to make a picture of a building without
> distortion in the vertical direction when pointing the
> camera upwards. In "reality" there exist cameras that
> can do that by keeping the film vertical (see the ASCII
> picture below). I looked in the POV docs, but couldn't find
> a direct clue.

> Any hints?

> Rob Wieringa

when you say "distortion" are you actually referring
to "perspective"??  If that's the case, then use the keyword
"orthographic" at the end of your camera {} declaration, i.e:

camera {
    location <0,0,-50>
    look_at 0
    orthographic

Quote:}

this will make a nice, flattened perspective...

hope this is what you were looking for!

dan
http://members.aol.com/goofygrafx

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by ing » Tue, 22 Feb 2000 04:00:00

>Hi,

>In POV I'd like to make a picture of a building without
>distortion in the vertical direction when pointing the
>camera upwards.

You can "shear" the camera, or put the whole scene in a union and apply a
matrixtransformation to it.

// Camera Shearing example
// Use -uv on commandline to disable vistabuffer
#version 3.1;
global_settings {assumed_gamma 1.0}
light_source {<500,500,-500>,1}

#declare Shear= transform {
   matrix <  1,  0,  0,
             0,  1,  0.3333,
             0,  0,  1,
             0,  0,  0 >

Quote:}

camera {
   location  <0.0, 0.01,-1.5>
   look_at   <0.0, 0.5, 0.0>
   angle 95
   transform Shear

Quote:}

plane {
  y, 0
  texture {
    pigment {
        checker color rgb 1, color rgb <0, 0, 1>
        scale 0.25
    }
  }
Quote:}

box {
  <-0.5,0,-0.5>,<0.5,1,0.5>
  pigment {rgb 1}
Quote:}

box {
  <-0.5,0,-0.5>,<0.5,1,0.5>
  scale 0.5
  translate <0.75,0,-0.5>
  pigment {rgb 1}

Quote:}

Ingo

Pov-Ray    : http://members.home.nl/seed7/

without vertical distortion?

Post by Rob Wiering » Wed, 23 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Exactly what I was looking for..

Thanks

Rob

> You can "shear" the camera, or put the whole scene in a union and apply a
> matrixtransformation to it.

1. Vertical lines distortion

Hi!

I have experienced a vertical lines distortion in my
program.

I build a usual perspective projection. The more FOV in my
projection - the more distortion is (vertical lines sloped
near viewport boundaries, closer to boundary - bigger
slope, and same vith horizontal lines). I think this is
natural for perspective projections (fish eye).

Can I introduce some member in projection matrix to
compensate this slope?

Please give me any info or link.

Best regards.
Dan.

2. Indigo 2 and MaxImpact graphics

3. reducing graphics without distortion....help

4. Format Converter

5. Zooming Image without distortion

6. How do u know what frame is being rendered?

7. reducing graphics without distortion...help

8. How do you do a panorama without distortion.

9. reducing graphics without distortion...help

10. How to zoom a picture without distortion?

11. screen update without using Vertical Retrace (VSYNC) ?